Ahlstrom Oyj: Business description, financial summary, 3yr and interim financials, key statistics/ratios and historical ratio analysis.
Provider: Reuters Investment Profile
NYSE and AMEX quotes delayed by at least 20 minutes. NASDAQ delayed by at least 15 minutes. For a complete list of exchanges and delays, please click here.
Ahlstrom Oyj Receives Statement of Objections from European Commission Related to Proposed Combination of Label and Processing and Munksjo
Ahlstrom Oyj announced that the Company and Munksjo have on February 22, 2013 received a Statement of Objections from the European Commission. The document addresses the competitive effects of the proposed combination of Ahlstrom's Label and Processing Business and Munksjo with respect to abrasive backings and pre-impregnated decor paper. Ahlstrom and Munksjo are working with the EU Commission in order to resolve the competition issues identified. No final decisions have been taken with regard to potential remedies. The potential effect of any remedies on the previously identified synergies will be communicated in due course. As a consequence of the negotiations with the EU Commission, Ahlstrom expects to complete the demerger of the Company's Label and Processing business in Europe and other related measures forming the first phase of the planned transaction during the second quarter of 2013 instead of the previously targeted first quarter of 2013. The demerger of Ahlstrom's Label and Processing business in Brazil is still expected to be completed in the second quarter of 2013. The EU commission opened a second phase investigation into the proposed combination in December 2012 with respect to abrasive backings and pre-impregnated decor papers. Following the investigation, the Commission will take a final decision on whether the combination would significantly impede effective competition in the European Economic Area (EEA) or any substantial part of it.
Latest Developments for Ahlstrom Oyj
- Ahlstrom divides Food and Medical Business Area into two
- Munksjo Oyj and Ahlstrom completes combination of Ahlstrom's Label and Processing business in Brazil with Munksjo
- Munksjo Oyj and Ahlstrom Oyj to complete combination of Ahlstrom’s Label and Processing business in Brazil with Munksjo
- Ahlstrom Oyj Maintains FY 2013 Financial Guidance
Latest Key Developments in Paper
- Selenginskiy tsellyulozno-kartonnyi kombinat OAO announces change of general director-SKRIN
- Shan Dong Sun Paper Industry Joint Stock Co Ltd announces private placement
- DYNIC CORP's subsidiary to discontinue part of business and expects extraordinary loss for FY 2014
- Xinjiang Tianhong Papermaking Co Ltd announces officer changes
- Share this
- Digg this