Algeta ASA: Business description, financial summary, 3yr and interim financials, key statistics/ratios and historical ratio analysis.
Provider: Reuters Investment Profile
NYSE and AMEX quotes delayed by at least 20 minutes. NASDAQ delayed by at least 15 minutes. For a complete list of exchanges and delays, please click here.
Algeta ASA Announces Updated Phase III Data of Alpharadin in Men with Advances Prostate Cancer
Algeta ASA announced that updated data from the pivotal phase III ALSYMPCA trial for its investigational drug Alpharadin (radium-223 dichloride) confirm the improvement in overall survival of Alpharadin in men with castration-resistant prostate cancer (CRPC) and symptomatic bone metastases, compared to the interim analysis from June 2011. The updated data showed that Alpharadin improved overall survival by 44% (p=0.00007, HR=0.695), resulting in a 30.5% reduction in the risk of death compared to placebo. The median overall survival benefit with Alpharadin was 2.8 months at the time of the interim analysis in June 2011 and 3.6 months in this updated analysis (14.9 months in patients given Alpharadin versus 11.3 months with placebo). In addition to improving overall survival, radium-223 dichloride led to a statistically significant delay in the time to first skeletal-related event (SRE). These data will be presented as a late-breaking abstract in an oral abstract session on June 5, 2012 at the 48th Annual Meeting of the American Society of Clinical Oncology (ASCO) in Chicago, Illinois (the United States).
Latest Developments for Algeta ASA
- Algeta ASA confirms that it is in receipt of preliminary acquisition proposal from Bayer AG
- Algeta ASA's Partner Bayer Receives Marketing Authorisation from European Commission for Xofigo
- EMA Recommends Algeta ASA's Radium Ra 223 Dichloride Developed in Cooperation with Bayer for Approval
- United States FDA Approves Algeta ASA's Xofigo
Latest Key Developments in Biotechnology
- NicOx SA completes acquisition of Eupharmed
- Dyax Corp receives orphan drug designation from the U.S. FDA for DX-2930 in hereditary angioedema
- Genmab to be included in OMXC20CAP and OMXC20 indexes-Reuters
- Immunicum AB announces positive results for cancer vaccine INTUVAX in treatment of kidney cancer
- Share this
- Digg this