Algeta ASA: Business description, financial summary, 3yr and interim financials, key statistics/ratios and historical ratio analysis.
Provider: Reuters Investment Profile
NYSE and AMEX quotes delayed by at least 20 minutes. NASDAQ delayed by at least 15 minutes. For a complete list of exchanges and delays, please click here.
Algeta ASA Announces its Partner Bayer Submits Radium-223 Dichloride for European Union Marketing Authorization for Treatment of Castration-Resistant Prostate Cancer with Bone Metastases
Algeta ASA (Algeta) announced that Bayer has submitted a Marketing Authorization Application (MAA) to the European Medicines Agency (EMA) for radium-223 dichloride (radium-223) for the treatment of castration-resistant prostate cancer (CRPC) patients with bone metastases. The submission is based on data from the pivotal phase III ALSYMPCA (ALpharadin in SYMptomatic Prostate CAncer) trial, which was conducted by Algeta. In the study, radium-223 increased overall survival by 44% (HR=0.695, p=0.00007), resulting in a 30.5% reduction in the risk of death compared to placebo. The median overall survival (OS) benefit in patients with radium-223 was 3.6 months, based on 14.9 months OS with radium-223 plus best standard of care (BSoC) vs. 11.3 months with placebo plus BSoC. These updated results were presented at the 48th Annual Meeting of the American Society of Clinical Oncology (ASCO) in June 2012.
Latest Developments for Algeta ASA
- Algeta ASA confirms that it is in receipt of preliminary acquisition proposal from Bayer AG
- Algeta ASA's Partner Bayer Receives Marketing Authorisation from European Commission for Xofigo
- EMA Recommends Algeta ASA's Radium Ra 223 Dichloride Developed in Cooperation with Bayer for Approval
- United States FDA Approves Algeta ASA's Xofigo
Latest Key Developments in Biotechnology
- BioSpecifics Technologies Corp announces FDA approval of XIAFLEX for treatment of peyronie's disease
- Xencor Inc announces closing of initial public offering
- Genmab reaches milestone from Janssen and raises FY 2013 financial guidance
- Genmab says milestone from Lundbeck puts revenue at top end of FY 2013 outlook range
- Share this
- Digg this