Amarantus Bioscience Holdings Inc: Business description, financial summary, 3yr and interim financials, key statistics/ratios and historical ratio analysis.
Provider: Reuters Investment Profile
Provider: Edison Investment Research
NYSE and AMEX quotes delayed by at least 20 minutes. NASDAQ delayed by at least 15 minutes. For a complete list of exchanges and delays, please click here.
Amarantus Bioscience Holdings Inc Announces Positive Orphan Data For MANF In Retinitis Pigmentosa
Amarantus Bioscience Holdings Inc announced positive data for MANF in the degenerative disease known as Retinitis Pigmentosa. The study concluded that Intravitreal injection of recombinant human MANF protein protects both rods and cones from retinal degeneration in an animal model of RP. RP is a degenerative disorder of the eye that affects roughly 100,000 people in the United States, meaning that it qualifies as an orphan disease under FDA guidelines. RP refers to a group of inherited diseases causing retinal degeneration. The cell-rich retina lines the back inside wall of the eye and is responsible for capturing images from the visual field. People with RP experience a gradual decline in their vision because photoreceptor cells (rods and cones) die. Symptoms include a progressive degeneration of peripheral and night vision as well as the degeneration in color perception and central vision; night blindness is one of the earliest and most frequent symptoms of RP. RP is typically diagnosed in adolescents and young adults. The rate of progression and degree of visual loss varies from person to person. Most people with RP are legally blind by age 40. It is estimated that the market opportunity for Retinitis Pigmentosa exceeds $10B annually.
Latest Developments for Amarantus Bioscience Holdings Inc
- Amarantus BioScience Holdings Inc closes warrant solicitation and enters into $20 mln purchase agreement with Lincoln Park Capital Fund, LLC
- Amarantus Bioscience Holdings Inc announcs positive clinical data for Eltoprazine in Phase 2a clinical study Adult Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder
- Amarantus Bioscience Holdings Inc Announces Positive Analytical Performance Data for LymPro Test For Alzheimer's Disease
- Amarantus Bioscience Holdings Inc Reports Positive Results On MANF Neuroprotective Properties Demonstrated In Preclinical Study In China
Latest Key Developments in Biotechnology
- Incyte Corp announces top-line results from RELIEF trial of Ruxolitinib in patients with Polycythemia Vera
- Sangamo Biosciences Inc reaffirms FY 2014 revenue guidance
- La Jolla Pharmaceutical announces pricing of underwritten offering of common stock
- SAGE Therapeutics announces closing of initial public offering
- Share this
- Digg this