Metlife Inc In Talks With Banco Bilbao Vizcaya Argentaria SA To Buy Chile Business-WSJ
The Wall Street Journal reported that MetLife Inc. is in talks to buy Banco Bilbao Vizcaya Argentaria SA's stake in a Chilean pension-management business as it looks for growth overseas, according to a person familiar with the matter. The deal, if completed, would aid Chief Executive Steven Kandarian's plan to increase returns in part by focusing on less capital-intensive businesses and getting more of its income overseas. Terms of the transaction were not disclosed.
Latest Developments for Banco Bilbao Vizcaya Argentaria S.A.
- Moody's upgrades BBVA's rating to BAA2; outlook positive on long-term ratings
- Banco Bilbao Vizcaya Argentaria SA acquires Simple
- Banco Bilbao Vizcaya Argentaria SA announces issue of perpetual contingent convertible securities into ordinary shares
- Moody's changes outlook on BBVA's Baa3 ratings to stable from negative; affirms ratings
Latest Key Developments in Banks
- UniCredit SpA proposes FY 2013 dividend; issues FY 2014 net profit guidance above estimates; issues FY 2013-2018 period targets and guidance
- Royal Bancshares of Pennsylvania Inc entering into agreements for private placement
- Ameris Bancorp announces acquisition of Coastal Bankshares Inc
- Close Brothers Group plc declares interim dividend
- Share this
- Digg this