Bristol-Myers Squibb Co and AbbVie inc Announce Progression-Free Survival Data from Phase 2 Open-Label Study of Investigational Agent Elotuzumab in Combination with Lenalidimide and Dexamethasone
Bristol-Myers Squibb Co and AbbVie Inc announced updated efficacy and safety data from a small, randomized Phase 2, open-label study in patients with previously-treated multiple myeloma that evaluated two doses of the investigational monoclonal antibody elotuzumab (10 mg/kg and 20 mg/kg) in combination with lenalidomide and low-dose dexamethasone. In the 10 mg/kg arm (N=36), which is the dose used in the ongoing Phase 3 trials, median progression-free survival (PFS), or the time without disease progression, was 33 months after a median follow-up of 20.8 months (95% CI: 14.9-NA) and the objective response rate (ORR) was 92%. As previously reported, median PFS was 18 months in the 20 mg/kg arm (N=37) after a median follow-up of 17.1 months (95% CI: 12.912-32.361) and ORR was 76%. The safety data were consistent with previously-reported results for elotuzumab from this trial. In patients receiving elotuzumab 10 mg/kg or 20 mg/kg, most treatment-emergent adverse events occurred within 18 months of initiating therapy. The most common Grade 3/4 adverse events (seen in > 5% of patients) for the 10 mg/kg and 20 mg/kg arms respectively were lymphopenia (26% and 9%), neutropenia (21% and 22%), thrombocytopenia (21% and 17%), anemia (13% and 12%), leukopenia (8% and 7%), hyperglycemia (5% and 12%), pneumonia (8% and 5%), diarrhea (10% and 5 %), fatigue (8% and 9%), and hypokalemia (8% and 5%).
Latest Developments for Bristol-Myers Squibb Co
- FDA advisory committee recommends AstraZeneca PLC And Bristol-Myers Squibb Co investigational SGLT2 inhibitor dapagliflozin
- FDA advisory committee votes on AstraZeneca PLC and Bristol-Myers Squibb Co investigational medicine metreleptin
- Bristol-Myers Squibb Co announces four-year data from Phase 3 DASISION trial comparing Sprycel (dasatinib) to Imatinib in first-line treatment of adults with Ph+ CP-CML
- Bristol-Myers Squibb Co Submits All-Oral, Interferon-Free And Ribavirin-Free Treatment Regimen For Regulatory Review In Japan For Patients With Chronic Hepatitis C Infection
Latest Key Developments in Pharmaceuticals
- Plethora Solutions Holdings PLC announces CEO Appointment
- Merck & Co Inc announces launch of new business focused on weight management interventions in U.S.
- Coronado Biosciences Inc announces management changes
- Auxilium Pharmaceuticals Inc submits application to the FDA requesting approval of xiaflex for concurrent treatment of multiple palpable cords
- Share this
- Digg this