Basilea Pharmaceutica AG: Business description, financial summary, 3yr and interim financials, key statistics/ratios and historical ratio analysis.
Provider: Reuters Investment Profile
Provider: Thomson Reuters StreetEvents
NYSE and AMEX quotes delayed by at least 20 minutes. NASDAQ delayed by at least 15 minutes. For a complete list of exchanges and delays, please click here.
Basilea Pharmaceutica AG Initiates Next Phase 1 Multiple Ascending Dose Study With Antibiotic Bal30072 Active Against Multidrug-Resistant Gram-Negative Bacteria
Basilea Pharmaceutica AG announced that it has initiated the next planned pharmacokinetic phase 1 healthy volunteer study in its clinical development program for BAL30072, Basilea's new investigational antibiotic with activity against multidrug-resistant Gram- negative bacteria. Gram-negative pathogens account for approximately half of all hospital- acquired bacterial infections. Many Gram-negative pathogens have acquired the ability to produce enzymes that destroy beta-lactam antibiotics, which have been the mainstay of antibiotic therapy for several decades. Multidrug-resistant bacteria for which there are few or no therapeutic options available are being encountered with increasing frequency and are associated with increased mortality, prolonged hospital stays and higher healthcare costs. BAL30072 is a novel injectable sulfactam antibiotic that in in-vitro and in-vivo models demonstrated potent bactericidal activity against a broad range of clinically relevant multidrug-resistant Gram-negative pathogens such as Pseudomonas or Acinetobacter species. BAL30072 overcomes several mechanisms of bacterial resistance. In particular, it is not easily destroyed by bacterial enzymes such as extended-spectrum beta-lactamases (ESBLs), carbapenemases or the New Delhi metallo-beta-lactamase 1 (NDM-1), which cause resistance to many marketed antibiotics.
Latest Developments for Basilea Pharmaceutica AG
- Basilea Pharmaceutica AG's oncology drug candidate BAL101553 shows first evidence of antitumor activity in phase 1 study
- Basilea Pharmaceutica AG Announces Isavuconazole Orphan Drug Designation For Treatment Of zygomycosis By U.S.
- Basilea Pharmaceutica AG And Astellas Pharma Inc Reports Positive Topline Phase 3 Results For Antifungal Isavuconazole
- Basilea Pharmaceutica AG Announces Isavuconazole Orphan Drug Designation By U.S. FDA
Latest Key Developments in Biotechnology
- Auspex announces pricing of follow on offering
- Serendex Pharmaceuticals starts trading on Oslo Axess
- Biotie Therapies Oyj decides not to exercise option to acquire Neurelis Inc but retains economic interest in future success of NRL-1
- KYTHERA Biopharmaceuticals announces FDA acceptance of ATX-101 New Drug Application
- Share this
- Digg this