Kitron ASA: Business description, financial summary, 3yr and interim financials, key statistics/ratios and historical ratio analysis.
Provider: Reuters Investment Profile
Provider: Wright Reports
NYSE and AMEX quotes delayed by at least 20 minutes. NASDAQ delayed by at least 15 minutes. For a complete list of exchanges and delays, please click here.
Kitron ASA Establishes Distribution Center
Kitron ASA announced that it has decided to establish a distribution centre to streamline the logistics process and drive down inventory. Combined with other initiatives within logistics and supply chain process, the Company is targeting to reduce inventory by at least NOK 100 million from the current level. A portion of the working capital is tied up in inventory. Inventory represents approximately 30% of the total assets in the Company, and was NOK 377.1 million at June 30, 2012. The establishment of a distribution centre is also expected to lead to operational improvements and cost savings. Larger order quantities and fewer interfaces between the Company and its suppliers will reduce the workload related to order processing. The inbound material and components will also be optimized for Kitron's manufacturing process, which will lead to increased productivity and less waste. The investment required to establish a distribution centre in Lithuania at the factory in Kaunas is estimated to about NOK 10 million. The investment will partly be funded by the Lithuanian government. The plan is to have the distribution centre fully operational by the end of 2013.
Latest Developments for Kitron ASA
- Kitron ASA Appoints Dag Songedal As Interim Chief Executive Officer
- Kitron ASA's CEO Jorgen Bredesen Resigns
- Kitron ASA Lowers FY 2013 Revenue Guidance and Initiates Cost Reduction Measures with Possible Headcount Reductions
- Kitron ASA Proposes FY 2012 Dividend of NOK 0.10 per Share; Lowers FY 2013 Revenue Guidance-COMPLETE STORY
Latest Key Developments in Industrial
- GS Yuasa Corp Announces Business Alliance among Subsidiary, Robert Bosch GmbH and Mitsubishi Corp
- Robert Bosch GmbH Forms Lithium-ion Battery JV with GS Yuasa International and Mitsubishi Corp-Reuters
- Tyco International Ltd To Acquire Exacq Technologies
- Thai Union Frozen Products PCL Announces Establishment of New Joint Venture Company between Mitsubishi Corp; Announces Disposal of Sub-subsidiaries to New Joint Venture Company
- Share this
- Digg this