Photocure ASA: Business description, financial summary, 3yr and interim financials, key statistics/ratios and historical ratio analysis.
Provider: Reuters Investment Profile
Provider: Wright Reports
NYSE and AMEX quotes delayed by at least 20 minutes. NASDAQ delayed by at least 15 minutes. For a complete list of exchanges and delays, please click here.
PhotoCure ASA Announces Positive Final Results of Phase 2B Cevira Study
PhotoCure ASA announced positive final results of the phase 2b study of Cevira in patients with human papilloma virus (HPV) related disease of the cervix. Cevira, an integrated drug-delivery device, demonstrated significant and sustained efficacy in the eradication of oncogenic HPV infections and precancerous lesions in CIN2 patients. HPV is the most common sexually transmitted disease causing approximately 500,000 cases of cervical cancer world-wide annually. CIN1 is mild, low-grade lesions caused by HPV infection. High-grade lesions - CIN2, CIN3, or CIN2/3 - are more severe abnormalities that have a higher likelihood of progressing to cancer if left untreated. The optimal dose of Cevira, 5%, demonstrated a statistically significant and sustained lesion response compared to placebo in patients with precancerous CIN2 lesions, 95% vs 62% respectively at six months, (p<0.02). This was further supported by high clearance of HPV subtypes 16 and 18, which carry high oncogenic risk, in the CIN2 cohort of 83% vs 33% at six months. Additionally, high clearance of HPV 16 and 18 was also demonstrated in the overall CIN1/2 population, 62% vs. 33% as compared to placebo. Cevira was well tolerated and easy to use by both gynecologists and patients. No treatment related serious adverse events were reported in the study. Additionally, patients experienced only expected benign and self-limiting events.
Latest Developments for Photocure ASA
- European Expert Panel announces recommendations for PhotoCure Hexvix blue-light cystoscopy
- PhotoCure announces Bente-Lill Romoren Chairman
- PhotoCure ASA Presents New Meta-Analysis Confirming Clinical Benefit of Hexvix-Guided Blue Light Cystoscopy
- PhotoCure ASA to Present Positive Data from Phase 2b Trial with Cevira
Latest Key Developments in Pharmaceuticals
- Retrophin Inc proposes acquisition of Clinuvel Pharmaceuticals
- PT Kalbe Farma Tbk revises FY 2014 revenue guidance below analysts' estimates-The Jakarta Post
- Allergan announces OZURDEX receives european positive opinion for the treatment of Diabetic Macular Edema
- AbbVie Inc reaffirms FY 2014 EPS outlook; gives Q3 2014 EPS outlook in line with analysts' estimates
- Share this
- Digg this