Photocure ASA: Business description, financial summary, 3yr and interim financials, key statistics/ratios and historical ratio analysis.
Provider: Reuters Investment Profile
Provider: Wright Reports
NYSE and AMEX quotes delayed by at least 20 minutes. NASDAQ delayed by at least 15 minutes. For a complete list of exchanges and delays, please click here.
PhotoCure ASA Announces Positive Final Results of Phase 2B Cevira Study
PhotoCure ASA announced positive final results of the phase 2b study of Cevira in patients with human papilloma virus (HPV) related disease of the cervix. Cevira, an integrated drug-delivery device, demonstrated significant and sustained efficacy in the eradication of oncogenic HPV infections and precancerous lesions in CIN2 patients. HPV is the most common sexually transmitted disease causing approximately 500,000 cases of cervical cancer world-wide annually. CIN1 is mild, low-grade lesions caused by HPV infection. High-grade lesions - CIN2, CIN3, or CIN2/3 - are more severe abnormalities that have a higher likelihood of progressing to cancer if left untreated. The optimal dose of Cevira, 5%, demonstrated a statistically significant and sustained lesion response compared to placebo in patients with precancerous CIN2 lesions, 95% vs 62% respectively at six months, (p<0.02). This was further supported by high clearance of HPV subtypes 16 and 18, which carry high oncogenic risk, in the CIN2 cohort of 83% vs 33% at six months. Additionally, high clearance of HPV 16 and 18 was also demonstrated in the overall CIN1/2 population, 62% vs. 33% as compared to placebo. Cevira was well tolerated and easy to use by both gynecologists and patients. No treatment related serious adverse events were reported in the study. Additionally, patients experienced only expected benign and self-limiting events.
Latest Developments for Photocure ASA
- PhotoCure ASA Presents New Meta-Analysis Confirming Clinical Benefit of Hexvix-Guided Blue Light Cystoscopy
- PhotoCure ASA to Present Positive Data from Phase 2b Trial with Cevira
- PhotoCure ASA Announces Positive Results of Cevira Study
- PhotoCure ASA Announces Positive Results of Phase 2B Study Evaluating Visonac in Acne
Latest Key Developments in Pharmaceuticals
- Hutchison China MediTech Ltd form China drug distribution and marketing joint venture with Sinopharm Group Co Ltd
- Alliance Pharma Plc's subsidiary acquires Lypsyl brand from Novartis AG
- MediGene AG launches Veregen in Norway and Sweden and receives market approval in Greece
- Ahn-Gook Pharmaceutical Co., Ltd. declares annual cash dividend for FY 2013
- Share this
- Digg this