Prospector Offshore Drilling SA: Business description, financial summary, 3yr and interim financials, key statistics/ratios and historical ratio analysis.
Provider: Reuters Investment Profile
Provider: Wright Reports
NYSE and AMEX quotes delayed by at least 20 minutes. NASDAQ delayed by at least 15 minutes. For a complete list of exchanges and delays, please click here.
Prospector Offshore Drilling SA Announces Temporarily Suspended Work on Four Jack-up Rigs
Prospector Offshore Drilling SA, which has four jack-up rigs (Rigs) under construction in Dalian Shipbuilding Industry Offshore Co. Ltd. (DSIC-Offshore), announced that it was informed that DSIC-Offshore has been notified by Friede & Goldman Marketing BV (F&G) to temporarily suspend work on the Rigs' jacking systems, pending testing. F&G is the engineering firm that has designed the jack-up and has supplied the entire jacking system through their own sub-suppliers. DSIC-Offshore had previously experienced issues with some of the components of the jacking systems of F&G rigs currently under construction at their yard, and was investigating the jacking systems before receiving the letter from F&G. The Company is cooperating closely with DSIC-Offshore, F&G and ABS, to resolve these issues. The American Bureau of Shipping (ABS) is an independent classification society. The Company's first rig, PROSPECTOR 1, was previously expected to be delivered at the end of January 2013 and mobilized to the North Sea for a long term drilling contract. At this time, the Company cannot estimate any impact on the delivery date of PROSPECTOR 1 until the evaluation of the jacking system is complete, which is anticipated to be within the next few weeks. The Company is currently developing a number of alternative solutions to replace any components, which might be found non-compliant, and minimize any delay to the delivery schedule.
Latest Developments for Prospector Offshore Drilling SA
- Prospector Offshore Drilling names Glen Rodland as Chairman
- Prospector Offshore Drilling's EGM removes Geir Sandvik as Chairman
- Prospector Offshore Drilling SA completes sale of Prospector Rig 3 Owning Company S.a r.l.
- Prospector Offshore Drilling SA Sells Prospector Rig 3 Owning Company S.a r.l. to Seadrill Limited's Subsidiary
Latest Key Developments in Oil
- Saga Tankers to increase stake in SD Standard Drilling Plc to 19%
- Noble Corp board of directors approves Spin-Off of Paragon Offshore
- Paragon Offshore Ltd announces pricing of $1.08 bln private placement of senior notes in connection with spin-off
- SeaDrill Ltd cancels contemplated convertible bond issuance and voluntary incentive payment offer
- Share this
- Digg this