Ferrari may develop utility vehicle, won't compromise exclusive status - CEO
Aug 2 (Reuters) - Ferrari Chief Executive Sergio Marchionne tells analysts on a conference call: :rules out SUV for Ferrari "you will have to shoot me first", but says can imagine utility vehicle for group in "Ferrari style".if group pushes for utility vehicle, it will be of a caliber that doesn't compromise exclusive status.Maranello plant could theoretically double production volumes but group would not push towards that if it compromises exclusivity status.expansion of vehicle portfolio will focus on developing other models that are less technologically extreme, idea is not to introduce lower-price models.approaching volume limit of cars it can sell with current portfolio without compromising exclusivity.development of luxury strategy beyond cars will take time, to brief investors in early 2018 on that strategy to 2022.
Latest Developments forFerrari NV
- When Ferrari loses small car status, cost to comply with emissions rules not big - CEO
- Ferrari wants ‘utility vehicle’ in plan to double profit - Bloomberg
- Ferrari Chairman Sergio Marchionne says hopeful of offering a hybrid gas-electric vehicle by 2019 - Conf call
- Ferrari says is capable of going beyond 10,000 shipments mark annually - Conf call
Latest Key Developments inAuto
- Chifeng Jilong Gold Mining says payment date of interim div for FY 2017
- Toyota recalls about 310,000 units of certain Sienna models in the U.S.
- Mahindra & Mahindra says NCLT sanctioned scheme of amalgamation of Defence Land Systems India with Mahindra Defence Systems
- Ford Motor recalls 1.3 mln 2015-17 F-150, 2017 Super Duty vehicles