Provider: Zacks Investment Research Inc.
Royal Bank of Scotland Group PLC Comments on Potential Settlements with Financial Services Authority in United Kingdom, United States Commodity Futures Trading Commission and Department of Justice
The Royal Bank of Scotland Group plc announced that the recent media coverage in connection with potential settlements with the Financial Services Authority in the United Kingdom, the United States Commodity Futures Trading Commission and the United States Department of Justice pursuant to investigations into submissions, communications and procedures around the setting of the London Interbank Offered Rate ("LIBOR"). The Company confirms that it is in late-stage settlement discussions with these authorities. Although the settlements remain to be agreed, Royal Bank of Scotland Group plc expects they will include the payment of significant penalties as well as certain other sanctions. The Company will update the market on all pertinent issues relating to this matter shortly.
Latest Developments for Royal Bank of Scotland Group PLC
- Royal Bank of Scotland Group PLC announces $2 billion T2 Notes transaction
- Royal Bank of Scotland Group PLC ends 8 bln stg capital back-up with UK government-reuters
- Royal Bank of Scotland Group PLC reaches settlement with US authorities regarding OFAC compliance
- RBS reaches settlement with European Commission
Latest Key Developments in Banks
- Banco Bilbao Vizcaya Argentaria SA completes sale of 98.92 pct in BBVA Panama to Leasing Bogota SA
- R&I affirms Kagoshima Bank Ltd's rating at "A+" and announces stable outlook
- Webster Financial Corp promotes Joe Savage to President
- Bancorp of New Jersey Inc names Michael Lesler as Chief Executive Officer, Richard Capone as Chief Financial Officer
- Share this
- Digg this