SES SA Launches ASTRA 2F Satellite
SES SA announced that its new ASTRA 2F satellite was launched on 28 September, 2012, on board an Ariane 5 rocket from Kourou, French Guiana. ASTRA 2F was built by Astrium in Toulouse using a Eurostar E3000 platform and carries Ku- and Ka-band payloads for the delivery of high-performance Direct-to-Home (DTH) and next generation broadband services. It is the first of a three satellite investment programme (ASTRA 2E, 2F and 2G), that provides replacement and growth capacity for the United Kingdom and Ireland at the 28.2/28.5 degrees East neighbourhood. The new satellites in this neighbourhood will, as of October 2013, also use additional frequency spectrum for which the right of use was granted to SES SA by Media Broadcast pursuant to an agreement entered into in 2005. The new ASTRA 2F spacecraft also provides Ku-band capacity for pan-European services and for Sub-Saharan Africa. Its Ka-band payload will allow SES Broadband Services to support download speeds of up to 20 Mps.
Latest Developments for SES SA
- SES SA Confirms FY 2013 Revenue and EBITDA Guidance
- SES SA and OmniAccess Sign Capacity Deal to Serve Superyachts in the Middle East
- SES SA Signs Contract on SES-5 with StarTimes Communication Network Technology; Sells 20% Stake in Top TV StarTimes Communication Network Technology
- SES SA Upgrades FY 2013 Revenue Guidance in Line with Analysts' Estimates and EBITDA Guidance Below Analysts Estimates'
Latest Key Developments in Wireless
- Redline Communications Group Inc Appoints Robert Williams to CEO
- Times Three Wireless Inc. announces management change and seeks to undertaking strategic review of intellectual property licensing business
- Sprint Corp announces pricing of $2.5 billion of notes due 2024
- NII Holdings Inc To Cut Jobs - Reuters
- Share this
- Digg this