Provider: Directors Deals Ltd.
NYSE and AMEX quotes delayed by at least 20 minutes. NASDAQ delayed by at least 15 minutes. For a complete list of exchanges and delays, please click here.
Swedish Orphan Biovitrum AB and Biogen Idec Inc Announce New Phase 3 Data Reinforcing Long-Lasting Protection from Bleeding for Patients with Hemophilia A and B
Swedish Orphan Biovitrum AB announced that Biogen Idec Inc and Swedish Orphan Biovitrum (Sobi) released data that confirmed the ability of investigational recombinant factors VIII Fc fusion protein (rFVIIIFc) and IX Fc fusion protein (rFIXFc) to provide long-lasting protection from bleeding with fewer injections than are required with the current standard of care for people with hemophilia. Phase 3 registrational studies compared the pharmacokinetic activity of rFVIIIFc for hemophilia A and rFIXFc for hemophilia B to available treatments. In the studies, the long-lasting candidates stayed active in the body longer, enabling study participants to prevent bleeding with less frequent injections than are required with the current standard of care. In the A-LONG study, patients with hemophilia A were able to use once to twice weekly prophylactic (preventative dosing) injections of rFVIIIFc while maintaining low bleeding rates. In the B-LONG study, rFIXFc allowed patients with hemophilia B to use prophylactic injections every one to two weeks with low bleeding rates. Recombinant FVIIIFc and recombinant FIXFc were developed using Fc fusion technology, which has safely been used in FDA-approved medicines for over a decade. Biogen Idec and Swedish Orphan Biovitrum applied Fc fusion technology in hemophilia for the first time with the goal of making clotting factors last longer and reduce the burden of injections for patients and their families.
Latest Developments for Swedish Orphan Biovitrum publ AB
- Swedish Orphan Biovitrum publ AB and Biogen Idec Inc announce results of phase 3 study of recombinant factor IX and VIII Fc fusion protein candidates
- Swedish Orphan Biovitrum publ AB and Biogen Idec Inc announce results of phase 3 study with ALPROLIX
- Swedish Orphan Biovitrum publ AB Receives Approval for Kineret for Treatment of CAPS
- Swedish Orphan Biovitrum publ AB Maintains FY 2013 Revenue Guidance
Latest Key Developments in Pharmaceuticals
- Plethora Solutions Holdings PLC announces CEO Appointment
- Merck & Co Inc announces launch of new business focused on weight management interventions in U.S.
- Coronado Biosciences Inc announces management changes
- Auxilium Pharmaceuticals Inc submits application to the FDA requesting approval of xiaflex for concurrent treatment of multiple palpable cords
- Share this
- Digg this