Provider: Directors Deals Ltd.
Biogen Idec Inc And Swedish Orphan Biovitrum AB Presents New Data From Phase 3 Study Of Long-Lasting Hemophilia Factor Candidate ALPROLIX
Biogen Idec Inc and Swedish Orphan Biovitrum AB announced that it presented new findings for their long-lasting recombinant factor IX candidate ALPROLIX for hemophilia B at the XXIV International Society on Thrombosis and Haemostasis (ISTH) Congress in Amsterdam, The Netherlands. Three oral presentations showcase new data that reinforce the potential safety, efficacy and pharmacokinetic profile of ALPROLIX. The data highlight the consistency of results with ALPROLIX across patient types and favorable physician ratings of efficacy in treating acute bleeding episodes and controlling bleeding during and after surgery. An evaluation of the treatment of acute bleeding episodes across the prophylaxis and episodic (on-demand) treatment arms of the phase 3 B-LONG study showed that more than 90% of bleeds were controlled with a single injection of ALPROLIX and more than 97% were controlled with two or fewer injections. Results from an analysis of the phase 3 B-LONG study showed that ALPROLIX consistently controlled bleeding during and after 14 surgeries in 12 patients with hemophilia B. Physicians reported high efficacy levels of ALPROLIX during surgery, with hemostasis (the stoppage of bleeding) rated as excellent for 13/14 surgeries and good for 1/14 surgeries.
Latest Developments for Swedish Orphan Biovitrum publ AB
- Swedish Orphan Biovitrum publ AB and Biogen Idec Inc announce results of phase 3 study of recombinant factor IX and VIII Fc fusion protein candidates
- Swedish Orphan Biovitrum publ AB and Biogen Idec Inc announce results of phase 3 study with ALPROLIX
- Swedish Orphan Biovitrum publ AB Receives Approval for Kineret for Treatment of CAPS
- Swedish Orphan Biovitrum publ AB Maintains FY 2013 Revenue Guidance
Latest Key Developments in Pharmaceuticals
- Plethora Solutions Holdings PLC announces CEO Appointment
- Merck & Co Inc announces launch of new business focused on weight management interventions in U.S.
- Coronado Biosciences Inc announces management changes
- Auxilium Pharmaceuticals Inc submits application to the FDA requesting approval of xiaflex for concurrent treatment of multiple palpable cords
- Share this
- Digg this