Provider: Wright Reports
NYSE and AMEX quotes delayed by at least 20 minutes. NASDAQ delayed by at least 15 minutes. For a complete list of exchanges and delays, please click here.
Biogen Idec Inc And Swedish Orphan Biovitrum AB Presents New Data From Phase 3 Study Of Long-Lasting Hemophilia Factor Candidate ALPROLIX
Biogen Idec Inc and Swedish Orphan Biovitrum AB announced that it presented new findings for their long-lasting recombinant factor IX candidate ALPROLIX for hemophilia B at the XXIV International Society on Thrombosis and Haemostasis (ISTH) Congress in Amsterdam, The Netherlands. Three oral presentations showcase new data that reinforce the potential safety, efficacy and pharmacokinetic profile of ALPROLIX. The data highlight the consistency of results with ALPROLIX across patient types and favorable physician ratings of efficacy in treating acute bleeding episodes and controlling bleeding during and after surgery. An evaluation of the treatment of acute bleeding episodes across the prophylaxis and episodic (on-demand) treatment arms of the phase 3 B-LONG study showed that more than 90% of bleeds were controlled with a single injection of ALPROLIX and more than 97% were controlled with two or fewer injections. Results from an analysis of the phase 3 B-LONG study showed that ALPROLIX consistently controlled bleeding during and after 14 surgeries in 12 patients with hemophilia B. Physicians reported high efficacy levels of ALPROLIX during surgery, with hemostasis (the stoppage of bleeding) rated as excellent for 13/14 surgeries and good for 1/14 surgeries.
Latest Developments for Swedish Orphan Biovitrum publ AB
- Swedish Orphan Biovitrum publ AB maintains FY 2014 financial guidance
- FDA approves Swedish Orphan Biovitrum and Biogen Idec Eloctate
- Swedish Orphan Biovitrum elects Ernst & Young as auditor
- Swedish Orphan Biovitrum and Biogen Idec announce positive efficacy and safety results from phase-3 paediatric study of investigational therapy Eloctate for haemophilia A
Latest Key Developments in Pharmaceuticals
- Clinuvel Pharmaceuticals Ltd announces SCENESSE vitiligo study results
- Hangzhou Tianmushan Pharmaceutical Enterprise to sell entire stake in wholly owned subsidiary
- Aratana Therapeutics Inc announces full exercise of underwriters' option to purchase additional shares
- FDA approves Eli Lilly and Co's Trulicity (dulaglutide)
- Share this
- Digg this