Provider: Thomson Reuters Stock Report
Talvivaaran Kaivososakeyhtio Oyj: Business description, financial summary, 3yr and interim financials, key statistics/ratios and historical ratio analysis.
Provider: Reuters Investment Profile
NYSE and AMEX quotes delayed by at least 20 minutes. NASDAQ delayed by at least 15 minutes. For a complete list of exchanges and delays, please click here.
Talvivaaran Kaivososakeyhtio Oyj Receives Permit to Re-Start at Sotkamo Mine
Talvivaaran Kaivososakeyhtio Oyj announced that it has on November 21, 2012 received the permit from the Kainuu Centre for Economic Development, Transport and the Environment (Kainuu ELY Centre) to re-start the metals recovery plant at the Company's Sotkamo mine. The plant has been temporarily suspended since November 4, 2012 following the gypsum pond leakage and related risk analyses and steps taken to ensure the safety of operations. As a result of the gypsum pond leakage and the preceding unusually rainy summer, the Company has had to store excess water in the mine area. In assessing the re-start conditions of the plant, the Company and Kainuu ELY Centre have also received a statement from an independent expert on operational safety of the gypsum ponds. While the plant is in operation, waste material from iron precipitation and post-neutralization will be directed to gypsum pond sections assessed to be secure, and simultaneously excess water will be removed from these sections to reduce overall stress. Talvivaara has provided the Kainuu ELY Centre with clarifications on metals production process control in order to receive the re-start permit. In addition to these clarifications, the re-start permit is based on the combined inspection conducted on November 19, 2012 by the Kainuu ELY Centre, the Finnish Safety and Chemicals Agency (Tukes) and the Radiation and Nuclear Safety Authority (STUK). Talvivaara expects to re-start the metals recovery plant by November 25, 2012.
Latest Developments for Talvivaaran Kaivososakeyhtio Oyj
- Talvivaaran Kaivososakeyhtio Oyj commences reorganization
- Talvivaaran Kaivososakeyhtio Oyj Updates on Reorganization
- Talvivaaran Kaivososakeyhtio Oyj To Apply For Corporate Reorganisation
- Talvivaaran Kaivososakeyhtio Oyj to Rationalize Operations; Changes to Potentially Include Redundancies, Part-Time Employments and/or Lay-Offs; Updates on 2013 Nickel Production Guidance
Latest Key Developments in Mining
- World Titanium Resources Ltd appoints Nic Limb as chairman
- PanAust Ltd issues FY 2014 production outlook and issues FY 2014 EBITDA outlook below estimates; updates FY 2013 production and EBITDA outlook
- Explor Resources Inc announces filing of preliminary prospectus for rights offering to shareholders
- Apolo Gold & Energy Inc announces $1 million private placement
- Share this
- Digg this