Valneva SE: Business description, financial summary, 3yr and interim financials, key statistics/ratios and historical ratio analysis.
Provider: Reuters Investment Profile
Valneva SE Provides Update on Phase II/III Interim Analysis of Its Pseudomonas Aeruginosa Vaccine Candidate
Valneva SE announced an update on the Phase II/III efficacy study interim analysis of its Pseudomonas aeruginosa vaccine candidate. The development partners - Valneva SE and Novartis Vaccines & Diagnostics have initiated discussions on trial continuation in agreement with the recommendations of a Data Monitoring Committee (DMC) following their data review on the primary efficacy endpoint and safety data from 394 patients. Although the stringent pre-specified futility criterion in regards to the primary efficacy endpoint was formally met, the difference in all-cause mortality rates (at Day 28) between the vaccine and placebo group in this randomized, placebo controlled double blind study, was considered clinically meaningful and in line with the trend observed in the previous study. Additionally there were no concerns with regard to the observed safety profile. IC43 is targeted for ventilated Intensive Care (ICU) patients, who are only vaccinated at hospital admission and are at particular risk of life threatening Pseudomonas infections. The primary endpoint of the Phase II/III trial is the mortality rate from all causes of death (all-cause mortality) on Day 28. The futility analysis for the primary endpoint midway through the study, conducted in critically ill patients (or people), was factored into its design to allow early discontinuation , in case it would appear unlikely to see a meaningful vaccine effect when the study has been completed.
Latest Developments for Valneva SE
- Valneva SE announces approval and launch in South America of second veterinary vaccine produced in EB66 cell line
- Valneva SE issues FY 2014 revenue guidance
- Valneva SE Confirms FY 2013 Revenue Guidance in Line with Analysts' Estimates
- Valneva SE Wins FDA Market Exclusivity for the Pediatric Indication of IXIARO in the United States
Latest Key Developments in Biotechnology
- Achaogen Inc announces closing of initial public offering
- IntelliCell Biosciences Inc announces it will file an IND for Osteoarthritis of the Knee in conjunction with the Andrews's Research and Educational Foundation
- Repros Therapeutics Inc allowed to conduct phase 1 and 2 clinical studies of Low Dose Oral Proellex in treatment of Uterine Fibroids and Endometriosis
- Can Fite Biopharma Ltd announces phase II study protocol to treat patients with advanced liver cancer with CF102 has been approved by IRB in Israel
- Share this
- Digg this