Analyst Research

Report Title Price
Provider: Stock Traders Daily
$20.00
Provider: Stock Traders Daily
$20.00
Provider: Pechala's Reports
$15.00
Provider: Reuters Investment Profile
$20.00

NYSE and AMEX quotes delayed by at least 20 minutes. NASDAQ delayed by at least 15 minutes. For a complete list of exchanges and delays, please click here.

Walgreen Co And Alliance Boots GmbH Forms Strategic Partnership


Tuesday, 19 Jun 2012 06:03am EDT 

Walgreen Co and Alliance Boots GmbH, announced that they have entered into a strategic transaction designed to bring together the strengths of both companies to create the global pharmacy-led, health and wellbeing enterprise. Walgreens invest approximately $6.7 billion in cash and stock (comprised of $4.0 billion in cash and 83.4 million shares) in exchange for a 45% equity ownership stake in Alliance Boots. Walgreens have the option to proceed to a full combination by acquiring the remaining 55% of Alliance Boots in approximately three years’ time. At the current Walgreens share price and at a $1.55=GBP1 exchange rate, the second step of the transaction would be valued at approximately $9.5 billion in cash and stock, plus the assumption of Alliance Boots then-outstanding debt. Completion of the initial investment is expected to take place by September 1, 2012. The Boards of Directors of Walgreens and Alliance Boots have unanimously approved the transaction. Upon the completion of Walgreens initial investment in Alliance Boots, Gregory Wasson, President and Chief Executive Officer of Walgreens, Wade Miquelon, Executive Vice President and Chief Financial Officer, Thomas Sabatino, Executive Vice President and General Counsel, and Robert Zimmerman, Senior Vice President and Chief Strategy Officer, join the Alliance Boots Board of Directors. 

Company Quote

66.75
0.59 +0.89%
17 Apr 2014