Takeda Pharmaceutical Co Ltd (4502.T)
Tue, Aug 29 2017
LONDON AstraZeneca is to receive up to $400 million from Takeda Pharmaceutical after striking a deal for the Japanese company to co-develop an early-stage medicine for Parkinson's disease.
LONDON, Aug 29 AstraZeneca is to receive up to $400 million from Takeda Pharmaceutical after striking a deal for the Japanese company to co-develop an early-stage medicine for Parkinson's disease.
SEOUL Samsung Bioepis Co Ltd said on Monday it will fund and develop multiple original drugs in partnership with Japan's Takeda Pharmaceutical Co Ltd, expanding its business scope beyond copies of existing biologic drugs.
* Bioepis' Enbrel copy generated over $250 mln in sales since 2016
* Takeda Pharmaceutical Company reports 10.9 percent stake in Molecular Templates Inc as of August 1, 2017 - SEC Filing Source text: (http://bit.ly/2vTAtQL) Further company coverage:
* Takeda and Shattuck Labs announce research collaboration to explore agonist redirected checkpoint fusion proteins in immuno-oncology
* Takeda and Cardurion Pharmaceuticals launch cardiovascular development partnership
* Astellas Q1 operating profit halves from year ago (Adds wider industry context, Astellas results)
* Takeda and Schrödinger announce multi-year, multi-target research collaboration
A U.S. appeals court ruled on Monday that a patent on Takeda Pharmaceutical Co Ltd's cancer treatment Velcade is valid, pushing back the date when generic drug makers including Teva Pharmaceutical Industries Ltd and Mylan NV will be allowed to launch lower-cost versions of the drug in the United States.