Aegon NV (AEGN.AS)
Thu, Sep 28 2017
* Announces repurchase of shares to neutralize 2016 final and 2017 interim stock dividends
AMSTERDAM, Aug 10 Dutch insurer Aegon on Thursday beat market forecasts with a 23 percent increase in underlying pretax profit and said it had boosted its capital buffer.
* Q2 SALES EUR 3.94 BILLION VERSUS EUR 2.77 BILLION YEAR AGO
* AGREED TO SELL AEGON IRELAND PLC TO AGER BERMUDA HOLDING LTD
* HAS AGREED TO SELL UNIROBE MEEÙS GROEP (UMG) TO AON GROEP NEDERLAND FOR EUR 295 MILLION
(The following statement was released by the rating agency) LONDON/NEW YORK, August 03 (Fitch) Fitch Ratings has affirmed Aegon NV's (Aegon) primary North American life insurance subsidiaries' (referred here as Aegon Americas) and Edinburgh-based Scottish Equitable Plc's Insurer Financial Strength (IFS) Ratings at 'A+' (Strong) and Aegon's Long-Term Issuer Default Rating (IDR) at 'A-'. The Outlooks are Stable. A full list of ratings is available at the end of this commentary. KEY RATING DRIVERS
* UNDER TERMS OF AGREEMENT, AEGON'S TRANSAMERICA LIFE SUBSIDIARIES WILL REINSURE USD 14 BILLION OF LIABILITIES TO AFFILIATES OF WILTON RE US HOLDING INC
AMSTERDAM, June 28 Dutch insurer Aegon inadequately disclosed the costs of three types of investment-linked insurance policies between 1989 and 2004, a Dutch court ruled on Wednesday.
Twice Wimbledon champion Petra Kvitova continued her comeback on grass with a 6-2 6-2 win over British wildcard Naomi Broady at the Aegon Classic on Wednesday.
Top seed Dan Evans has withdrawn from the Aegon Open in Nottingham due to a calf injury but hopes to be fit for the upcoming Queen's Club tournament and the Wimbledon, starting on July 3.
- Allergan: This Pharma Darling Faces Uncertainty Too
- Allergan Punished After Judge Invalidates Restasis Patents
- Allergan: How Bad Is It?
- Not A Falling Knife: Synergy Pharmaceuticals' Drop Makes For A Great Buy
- Your Daily Pharma Scoop: ACRX Second Chance, AERI Rhopressa Success, Aratana ENTYCE Launch
- Mylan Calls Allergan's Mohawk Deal A 'Sham'