BHP Billiton PLC (BBL)
17 Oct 2017
SANTIAGO, Oct 12 Japan's Mitsui & Co plans to build a desalination plant for BHP Billiton Plc's Spence copper mine in Chile, it said on Thurday.
LONDON Activist investor Elliott has embarked on an international tour of BHP Billiton's biggest shareholders as it presses ahead with its campaign to force a radical shake-up of the FTSE 100 mining giant, sources familiar with the matter told Reuters.
* Elliott met investors in London, South Africa and Australia
HOUSTON, Oct 6 BHP Billiton has completed the evacuation of its Shenzi and Neptune deepwater oil and gas platforms in the Gulf of Mexico ahead of Tropical Storm Nate, the firm said on Friday.
LONDON BHP Billiton , the world's largest miner, has hired Barclays and Citigroup to help it exit its underperforming U.S. shale oil and gas business, which could fetch around $10 billion, two banking sources said.
LONDON, Aug 31 BHP Billiton , the world's largest miner, has hired Barclays and Citigroup to help it exit its underperforming U.S. shale oil and gas business, which could fetch around $10 billion, two banking sources said.
LAUNCESTON, Australia It's tempting to think that BHP Billiton has caved into demands by activist investor Elliott Advisors by agreeing to sell its U.S. onshore oil and gas business and by boosting the returns to shareholders.
SYDNEY Global miner BHP Billiton on Wednesday unveiled a board shakeup that will see controversial director Grant King step down six months after joining the company amid concerns among investors over oil investments.
* Fund critical of board applauds changes (Adds fund manager comment, details, share price)
- Teck Resources: This Option Play Can Double Your Money By Christmas
- Top Dividend Raises For September 2017
- Portfolio Summary And Brief Walk-Through Of My Current Positions
- Lanny's September Dividend Income Summary
- My 4% Dividend Yield Portfolio: Q3'17 Summary And Plan
- Buying Stocks For A Dividend Growth Portfolio: Part 3 The Portfolio