BT Group PLC (BT)
21 Sep 2017
Sat, Jul 29 2017
LONDON British telecoms provider BT has offered to invest up to 600 million pounds ($778 million) to provide faster broadband services to remote parts of the country, Britain's government said on Sunday.
LONDON, July 28 BT suffered a 42 percent drop in quarterly profit after taking a fresh charge to avoid legal claims from two major investors over an Italian accounting scandal.
LONDON, July 28 Britain's major share index slipped, heading for a weaker finish to the week after corporate earnings drove big swings in individual stocks, with BT Friday's biggest faller.
LONDON, July 28 Britain's BT posted a 42 percent drop in first-quarter pretax profit due to a settlement with investors Deutsche Telekom and Orange over an Italian accounting scandal.
* Announced how openreach will be held to account, as it becomes legally separate from BT, to ensure it delivers for phone and broadband users
LONDON, July 12 The outgoing chairman of BT was forced to defend his handling of a "perfect storm" of troubles that hit the British company this year, saying he had battled to stabilise the business and prevent damage from spreading.
July 11 UK's Ofcom has capped the maximum spectrum a company could win as it set new rules for the auction of mobile spectrum to safeguard competition, the communications regulator said on Tuesday.
LONDON, June 29 Britain's accounting regulator said on Thursday it would investigate audits by PricewaterhouseCoopers LLP (PwC) of BT Group after a scandal was uncovered this year at the Italian operations of the British telecoms group.
LONDON, June 29 Britain's Financial Reporting Council (FRC) said on Thursday it would investigate PricewaterhouseCoopers LLP's audits of BT Group for 2015 to 2017 after an accounting scandal in the telecoms company's Italian operations.
* BT and KCOM continue to have "significant market power in uncompetitive areas of country"
- The Nest Egg Portfolio: Dividend Queen Or Dividend Trap?
- The Nest Egg Portfolio: Did Norges Bank Cause The PostNL Share Price Crash?
- Now Is The Perfect Time To Diversify Internationally
- The Nest Egg Portfolio: ArcelorMittal - A Forgotten Dividend Star Ready To Shine Again?
- BT Group's (BT) CEO Gavin Patterson on Q1 2018 Results - Earnings Call Transcript
- The Nest Egg Portfolio: Adding 2 Robust Iberian Energy Distributors