Commonwealth Bank of Australia (CBA.AX)
22 Sep 2017
* RBS chief executive Ross McEwan told LBC radio he is not interested in running Commonwealth Bank of Australia after media reports linked him to the role
(The following statement was released by the rating agency) SYDNEY, September 22 (Fitch) The sale of the Commonwealth Bank of Australia's (CBA; AA-/Stable) life insurance businesses, announced this week, will support the bank's credit profile by improving its capital position and bolstering the bank's resilience to downturns, but will not immediately affect its ratings, says Fitch Ratings. Also announced, the CBA is reviewing options for its global asset management business, which may include an
* CBA's $3.05 bln asset sale follows NAB's life insurance sale
SYDNEY Commonwealth Bank of Australia said on Thursday it had agreed to sell its life insurance arm to Hong Kong's AIA Group Ltd for $3.05 billion, in the biggest Asian buyout of an Australian financial services firm.
* To acquire Commonwealth Bank of Australia's life insurance businesses in Australia and New Zealand for A$3.80 billion
Sept 21 Australia's biggest lender Commonwealth Bank of Australia said on Thursday it would sell its life insurance unit to China's AIA Group Ltd for A$3.8 billion ($3.05 billion).
* Divests Australian and New Zealand life insurance businesses
* Undertaking a strategic review of its global asset management business, Colonial First State Global Asset Management
HONG KONG Hong Kong-based insurer AIA Group Ltd is close to acquiring Commonwealth Bank of Australia's (CBA) insurance business which is likely to be valued at nearly $4 billion, two people with direct knowledge of the matter said.
* AIA, CBA declined to comment (Adds background, context of sale)
- Weekly Fund Spotlight: Up To 14% Yields From These MLP CEFs
- Hurricane Harvey: Effects On The Energy And High Yield Sectors
- X-Date Trading Tactics Designed To Pump Up Your Profits
- Weekly Fund Wrap: Shaken, Not Stirred
- Dividends By The Numbers In July 2017
- Dividend Investing: 'Only The Paranoid Survive'