China Telecom Corp Ltd (CHA.N)
Wed, Aug 23 2017
HONG KONG, Aug 23 State-owned telecommunications operator China Telecom Corp reported on Wednesday a 7.5 percent rise in first-half profit, as it added fourth generation (4G) mobile subscribers.
* China Telecom Wuxi signed sales contracts to provide Netlinkz's patented cloud networking solution to initial 5 customers in xinwu region Source text for Eikon: Further company coverage:
* Hy profit attributable to equity holders of company was rmb12,537 million, up 7.4%
* Says it plans to buy technology firm from controlling shareholder China Telecom Corporation for up to 250 million yuan ($37.11 million)
BEIJING, May 31 The former chairman of the parent firm of China Telecom Corp was sentenced to six years in prison over corruption charges, China's state media said on Wednesday.
(The following statement was released by the rating agency) HONG KONG, May 24 (Fitch) Fitch Ratings has affirmed China Telecom Corporation Limited's (CTCL) Long-Term Foreign-Currency and Local-Currency Issuer Default Ratings (IDRs) at 'A+'. The Outlook is Stable. KEY RATING DRIVERS Government Support: The ratings benefit from a one-notch uplift for state support and CTCL's strategic importance to the Chinese sovereign (A+/Stable), the company's ultimate majority owner. CTCL is 71% owned by China
* Shareholders approved profit distribution proposal and declaration of a final dividend of RMB0.093043 per share for year ended 31 Dec 2016 Source text for Eikon: Further company coverage:
* Jan-March profit at 5.3 bln yuan vs 5.12 bln yuan year prior
* Shows Singapore's GIC Private Ltd has bought 15.9 million H-shares in China Telecom Corp Ltd at average HK$3.81 ($0.4900) per share on April 19, taking its long position to 6.04 percent from 5.93 percent
BEIJING Chang Xiaobing, the former chief executive and chairman of China Telecom Corp , pleaded guilty on Tuesday to taking bribes at the beginning of his trial, the official Xinhua News Agency reported.
- China Telecom Corporation Limited 2017 Q2 - Results - Earnings Call Slides
- Diversify Your Dividend Portfolio With These 5 Foreign-Based Stocks
- China Telecom Displays Aggression, Unicom Conservatism
- Strategic Safety Report IV: Large Cap Value Dog Gains Topped By Sino-Sun Telcos In March
- China Telecom Eyes 5G Network Sharing
- China Unicom: This Time Is Different