Eldorado Gold Corp (EGO)
16 Oct 2017
Thu, Sep 21 2017
Sept 21 Eldorado Gold Corp on Thursday said it had decided to temporarily postpone its decision to place its Halkidiki assets on care and maintenance.
ATHENS, Sept 21 A dispute between Eldorado Gold and Greece over the Canadian miner's investment in the country can be resolved, the chief executive of the company's Greek unit said on Thursday.
ATHENS/TORONTO Greece granted Eldorado Gold Corp two remaining permits on Friday for its Olympias mine, the government's latest attempt to defuse a standoff with the Canadian miner, which has threatened to suspend investment in the country.
* Greece says outstanding permits are part of an arbitration (Adds stock movement, analyst comment)
* Says received approval of technical study for old Olympias mine closure and installation permit for paste plant at Olympias
ATHENS, Sept 15 Greece granted Canada's Eldorado Gold another permit for its Olympias mining project on Friday in an attempt to defuse tension with the Vancouver-based company which had threatened to halt investment in the country.
TORONTO, Sept 14 Canada's Eldorado Gold Corp said on Thursday that it received formal notice of arbitration from Greece, a further advance in its long-running permit tussle, but not enough for the miner to reconsider a looming investment freeze.
Sept 14 Canada's Eldorado Gold Corp said it had received an arbitration notice from the Greek government alleging that the technical study for a metallurgical plant is deficient and thereby violates environmental terms for the project.
* Eldorado Gold receives arbitration notice from greek government
* Eldorado Gold receives arbitration notice from Greek Government Source text for Eikon: Further company coverage:
- Gold Bull Portfolio: Month In Review
- Why Gold-Mining Stocks Could Regain Some Luster
- Resource Sector Digest: Coeur Spends Big On Silvertip
- Eldorado Gold Sum Of Parts Analysis
- Alamos Gold - Q2 2017 Results, A Good Run... Time To Take Some Profit?
- Eldorado Gold - 2nd Quarter Results... How Low Can It Go?