Twenty-First Century Fox Inc (FOX.OQ)
19 Sep 2017
Sun, Sep 17 2017
SYDNEY, Sept 18 An Australian judge dismissed a challenge by a group involving Rupert Murdoch's Twenty-First Century Fox on Monday against an agreed takeover by CBS Corp of struggling television broadcaster Ten Network Holdings Ltd. (Reporting by Tom Westbrook; Editing by Paul Tait)
* LOOK FORWARD TO ENGAGING "CONSTRUCTIVELY" WITH CMA AND "HOPE THAT FINDINGS OF THIS PROCESS WILL BE RESPECTED BY SECRETARY OF STATE"
* NOTES TODAY'S ANNOUNCEMENT BY SECRETARY OF STATE FOR DIGITAL, CULTURE, MEDIA AND ON PROPOSED ACQUISITION OF SKY BY 21ST CENTURY FOX, INC
BRIEF-Twenty-First Century Fox disappointed that the review of Sky deal will take another six months
* We are disappointed that the review of sky deal will take another six months - co-chairman, conf call
* Elevated Fox Networks Group Chairman and CEO Peter Rice to President, 21st Century Fox
LONDON Britain said on Monday it would decide as "soon as is reasonably practicable" whether to refer Rupert Murdoch's $15 billion bid to buy pay-TV group Sky for an in-depth review.
* News Corp will have 65 per cent shareholding in new company and Telstra will have 35 per cent
Aug 10 News Corp reported fourth-quarter revenue that slightly missed Wall Street's average estimate as the owner of the Wall Street Journal was hurt by declining demand for print advertising.
Aug 10 News Corp, the owner of the Wall Street Journal and book publisher HarperCollins, reported a 6.6 percent fall in quarterly revenue hurt by declining demand for print advertising and a strong dollar.
Rupert Murdoch-controlled Twenty-First Century Fox Inc's quarterly profit edged past analysts' estimates, but revenue fell just short of expectations, hurt by the lack of box office hits from its movie studio.