GKN PLC (GKN.L)
* Shares fall 10 pct (Updates shares, adds details on Alabama plant)
* Ceo says informed of two claims in 24-hour period earlier this week, claims not litigation
LONDON, Oct 13 British engineering group GKN said trading in its aerospace business was "disappointing" in the third quarter as pricing pressure hit margins and operational challenges took a toll.
* TRADING UPDATE FOR PERIOD SINCE HALF YEAR RESULTS ANNOUNCEMENT ON 26 JULY 2017
French aerospace equipment maker Latecoere is on the look out for acquisitions so it can expand and win bigger contracts from leading aircraft manufacturers, Chief Executive Officer Yannick Assouad said on Monday.
GKN said on Thursday Chief Executive Nigel Stein would retire at the end 2017 to be replaced by the head of aerospace, a unit the British engineering group has said was growing faster than the rest of the market.
* GKN Aerospace could stand alone, say Jefferies analysts (Adds details, analyst comments, updates shares)
Sept 14 British engineering group GKN said on Thursday its Chief Executive Nigel Stein would retire at the end 2017 and Finance Director Adam Walker would leave to work in another industry.
* CHIEF EXECUTIVE NIGEL STEIN HAS INFORMED BOARD OF HIS INTENTION TO RETIRE