Monsanto Co (MON.N)
21 Sep 2017
Tue, Sep 19 2017
MONHEIM, Germany German drugs and pesticides group Bayer said on Tuesday it was now likely to be early next year before it can complete its $66 billion deal to acquire U.S. group Monsanto , later than previously expected.
BRUSSELS The European Commission said on Tuesday it has approved German drugs and pesticides group Bayer's request for an extension of the investigation into the $66 billion deal to acquire U.S. group Monsanto .
BRUSSELS, Sept 19 The European Commission said on Tuesday it has approved German drugs and pesticides group Bayer's request for an extension of the investigation into the $66 billion deal to acquire U.S. group Monsanto .
MONHEIM, Germany Bayer said it was unable to propose the sale of any digital farming assets to allay EU concerns about its planned $66 billion takeover of Monsanto .
* Crop Science unit says global market remain volatile in '17
* Bayer says fails to see how to address digital farming concerns
* to decide shortly on Bayer request for Monsanto anti-trust review deadline extension Further company coverage: (Reporting By Georgina Prodhan)
MONHEIM, Germany, Sept 19 German drugs and pesticides maker Bayer said it would likely take until early next year to complete the planned $66 billion takeover of U.S. seeds group Monsanto, which it had previously expected to be under wraps by the end of 2017.
FRANKFURT German drug and chemicals maker Bayer on Tuesday named Wolfgang Nickl, currently finance chief at Dutch semiconductor equipment maker ASML, to replace its CFO Johannes Dietsch when he leaves the group next year.
CHICAGO Monsanto Co filed a petition on Thursday asking Arkansas agricultural officials to reject a proposed date next year that would end sprayings of the herbicide dicamba, which has been linked to crop damage across the U.S. farm belt.
- Galileo's Lament: The Rejection Of Science Hurts The Economy
- Monsanto And Imminent Growth Are Now Synonymous
- Retirement: We're Making Some Changes (Part 2)
- I Think I'll Walk Instead Of Throwing Money Away
- Deere & Company To Acquire Blue River Technology For $305 Million
- Monsanto: EU Launches In-Depth Probe Of Bayer Deal (Does It Matter?)