NRG Energy Inc (NRG.N)
Thu, Sep 14 2017
* NRG Energy Inc announces redemption of its outstanding 7.625 percent senior notes due 2018 and its outstanding 7.875 percent senior notes due 2021
* Elliott Associates and affiliates report they have combined economic exposure in NRG Energy Inc Of about 4.4 percent of shares of common stock outstanding
* Reached agreement with creditors to restructure Genon Energy, Inc. and its subsidiaries through consensual bankruptcy process
NRG Energy Inc said it would raise as much as $4 billion through asset sales and slash debt by $13 billion, sending its shares surging 21 percent to a near two-year high on Wednesday.
* Shares near 2-yr high of $19.76 (Adds details on the power sector, background)
* NRG Energy Inc- business review committee (brc) unanimously recommended transformation plan
July 12 NRG Energy Inc, the largest independent U.S. power producer, said on Wednesday it was targeting asset sales of up to $4 billion, as part of a three-year restructuring effort to cut costs.
BRIEF-NRG Energy says Genon and its subsidiaries will be deconsolidated from NRG's financial statements
* NRG has determined that the disposal of Genon is a discontinued operation
NRG Energy Inc's GenOn business filed for bankruptcy on Wednesday with an agreement with bondholders to cut $1.75 billion of its debt and restructure the power generator as a standalone business, according to a securities filing.
WILMINGTON, Del. NRG Energy Inc's GenOn business filed for bankruptcy on Wednesday with an agreement with bondholders to cut $1.75 billion of its debt and restructure the power generator as a standalone business, according to a securities filing.
- FuelCell Energy: The Downside Is Now Protected
- Why Now Might Be The Time To Lighten Up On Risk
- NRG Energy, Inc. 2017 Q2 - Results - Earnings Call Slides
- Tracking David Tepper's Appaloosa Management Portfolio - Q2 2017 Update
- Valuation Dashboard: Utilities - Update
- Stock Exchange: Buy This Dip, Or Abandon Ship?