Rio Tinto PLC (RIO.L)
20 Sep 2017
Fri, Sep 15 2017
Major miner Rio Tinto on Friday said its Chief Financial Officer Chris Lynch would retire from his role by the end of September 2018, when he will be 65.
* RIO TINTO HOLDINGS AND TURQUOISE HILL HAVE AGREED TO SELL, RESPECTIVELY 7.5 MLN COMMON SHARES AND 6.2 MLN COMMON SHARES OF MASON RESOURCES CORP
SYDNEY/LONDON Global miner Rio Tinto more than doubled its first-half profit buoyed by Chinese iron ore demand and rewarded shareholders with a record interim dividend and $1 billion in share buybacks. | Video
* William Hill jumps on stronger online revenue (ADVISORY- Follow European and UK stock markets in real time on the Reuters Live Markets blog on Eikon - see cpurl://apps.cp./cms/?pageId=livemarkets)
* Underlying earnings $3.94 bln vs $1.56 bln (poll: $4.19 bln)
Miner Rio Tinto is making good progress in the deal to sell its stake in the Simandou project in Guinea, Chief Financial Officer, Christopher Lynch said on Wednesday.
Aug 2 Miner Rio Tinto is making good progress in the deal to sell its stake in the Simandou project in Guinea, Chief Financial Officer, Christopher Lynch said on Wednesday.
LONDON, Aug 2 Britain's major share index slipped on Wednesday as basic resources and financial stocks weighed on another full day of earnings with Standard Chartered and Rio Tinto among the large companies reporting disappointing results.
Aug 2 Global miner Rio Tinto on Wednesday reported its first-half profit more than doubled from a year earlier following a rebound in iron ore prices and announced an additional $1 billion share buyback.
LONDON Britain's anti-fraud regulator has opened an investigation into suspected corruption in Australian-British miner Rio Tinto Plc's business conduct in the Republic of Guinea, the agency said.
- Rio Tinto: This High-Dividend Stock Deserves A Spot In Your Portfolio
- Rio Tinto (RIO) Presents At Deutsche Bank 2017 Technology Conference - Slideshow
- Industrial Commodities Continue Their Journey Higher And The Big Producers Are Cleaning Up
- Basic Materials 'Safer' Dividend Dog CNX Coal Leads By Net Gain & Yield For September
- Is Copper Headed For A Market Correction?
- Coal Receives Good News And Bad News