RWE AG (RWEG.DE)
Wed, Aug 30 2017
* KRG working on improving finances ahead of referendum (Adds context, background)
FRANKFURT Margins at German energy group RWE's gas-fired power plants were higher than expected in the first half, it said on Monday, helping it forecast full-year profits at the upper end of its outlook range.
* Shares best-performing blue-chip so far this year (Recasts, adds CEO comment on gas plants, shares)
FRANKFURT, Aug 14 RWE has sold the bulk of its 2018, 2019 and 2020 power generation from nuclear and brown coal-fired plants in Germany, the utility's first half earnings report showed on Monday.
* Shares down 1.8 pct at bottom of DAX (Adds CEO quote, background, unchanged full-year 2017 forecast)
* Companies could share 7 billion euro windfall (Adds government reaction, analyst, updates shares)
* E.ON, RWE shares both up about 1 pct (Adds context, analyst, shares)
FRANKFURT, June 2 German utility RWE said it had received its first cargo of liquefied natural gas (LNG) from Qatargas late last month under a seven and a half year deal signed in 2016.
PARIS, May 22 A Franco-German alliance between Engie and RWE could make sense from an industrial point of view, provided it has no impact on jobs, Engie's top union official told Reuters on Monday.
FRANKFURT/PARIS RWE and Engie are studying a possible share swap that could create a Franco-German giant in power grids, renewables and energy services with a market value of about 50 billion euros ($55.8 billion).