Seadrill Ltd (SDRL.N)
23 Oct 2017
OSLO, Oct 23 Offshore rig company Seadrill has received two additional non-binding proposals from bondholders for a debt restructuring after the Norwegian firm filed for U.S. Chapter 11 bankruptcy protection in September, court documents show.
The U.S. government's bankruptcy watchdog on Thursday said an investor with 58,000 Seadrill Ltd shares has failed to make a convincing case for appointing a committee to represent stockholders in the offshore drilling contractor's bankruptcy.
CHICAGO Seadrill Ltd's official committee of unsecured creditors said it has hired an investment banker and is looking into transactions made by the global offshore drilling contractor before it filed for U.S. Chapter 11 bankruptcy protection in Texas last month.
CHICAGO, Oct 10 Seadrill Ltd's official committee of unsecured creditors said it has hired an investment banker and is looking into transactions made by the global offshore drilling contractor before it filed for U.S. Chapter 11 bankruptcy protection in Texas last month.
Offshore oil rig company Seadrill Ltd on Friday urged the judge overseeing its bankruptcy to allow it to pay suppliers nearly $137 million over the objection of the U.S. Trustee, arguing it could otherwise face catastrophic consequences.
Seadrill, once the largest offshore rig company by market capitalisation, filed for U.S. Chapter 11 bankruptcy protection in Texas on Sept. 12.
WILMINGTON, Del./OSLO, Oct 2 Seadrill Ltd's $12.7 billion debt restructuring faces a critical phase as hold-out creditors prepare to challenge the plan put forward by John Fredriksen, its largest shareholder, as soon as a hearing next week.
The $1 billion in cash held by Seadrill Ltd could be put at risk by the bankrupt oil rig company's plan to leave much of the money with foreign banks while it works on restructuring, according the U.S. government's bankruptcy watchdog.
* Seadrill & certain units have filed prearranged chapter 11 cases in court together with a agreed restructuring plan
* Expects its operations to continue uninterrupted throughout the reorganization process
- A Critical Hearing For Seadrill Shareholders Set For November 1
- Transocean Secures New Drillship Contract At Disappointing Dayrate
- Transocean Gets A 2-Year Job From BHP, Agrees To 75% Discount From Previous Rate
- Ocean Rig Bids Below Market - A Warning To Competition
- Pacific Drilling's Creditors Increase Their Proposal To 2.75% Stake For Common Shareholders
- Tight Oil: Deep Water Driver?