Vale SA (VALE.N)
22 Sep 2017
BRASILIA, Sept 21 A fire disrupted operations at a Vale Fertilizantes plant in Brazil's southeastern state of Minas Gerais on Thursday, the company said.
* Brazil's mining company Vale says measures to improve iron ore price realization should add $400-600 million to adjusted Ebitda in 2nd half 2017 - presentation
BELO HORIZONTE, Sept 18 Mining reforms in Brazil are raising the cost of operating without generating increased interest in investing in the sector, an executive for world's largest iron ore producer Vale said on Monday.
SAO PAULO Vale said on Thursday it will appeal a court decision forcing the Brazilian miner to halt operations at Amazonian nickel mine Onça Puma until it takes measures benefiting a local indigenous community.
SAO PAULO Shares in Cia Energética de Minas Gerais SA posted their biggest intraday jump in three weeks on Tuesday, on optimism the debt-laden Brazilian power utility could participate in an upcoming auction for the licensing rights of several hydropower dams it recently lost.
SAO PAULO, Aug 28 Brazilian miner Vale SA redeemed $1 billion worth of 2019 bonds issued through a subsidiary abroad and announced a tender offer for up to $750 million worth of debt maturing in 2020, according to a securities filing on Monday.
SAO PAULO Previ Caixa de Previdência [PREVI.UL] has yet to decide when it will reduce a majority stake in Vale SA and other companies in which it is a relevant shareholder, as Brazil's biggest pension fund aims to have less concentrated equity holdings, a senior executive said.
TOKYO Japanese trading firm Mitsui & Co Ltd said on Tuesday it would book an after-tax profit of about 89 billion yen ($810 million) in the July-September second quarter on Brazil's Vale's stock conversion plan.
SAO PAULO/RIO DE JANEIRO Bigger-than-expected shareholder support in Vale SA's stock conversion plan could lead the world's No. 1 iron ore producer to accelerate the listing of common shares in Brazil's strictest market segment and lure a boarder base of investors.
- Rio Tinto: This High-Dividend Stock Deserves A Spot In Your Portfolio
- Morgan Stanley's Cobalt Report Mirrors My Analysis Of Tesla's Supply Chain Risks
- Industrial Commodities Continue Their Journey Higher And The Big Producers Are Cleaning Up
- The Nickel Market: Investing Ahead Of The Crowd - Part 1
- More On Hurricane Harvey - Energy Markets, Equities Impacted
- Cobalt Miners News For The Month Of August 2017