Bank of East Asia Ltd (0023.HK)
29 Mar 2017
Fri, Mar 17 2017
BRIEF-Bank Of East Asia acquires 21 pct of issued share capital of Prasac Microfinance Institution Ltd
* Acquired 21% of issued share capital of Prasac Microfinance Institution Limited
* Chan Kin-Por has been appointed as an independent non-executive director Source text for Eikon: Further company coverage:
* Has been served with a statement of claim filed by China Medical Technologies, Inc
* Henry tang ying-yen has been appointed as an independent non-executive director Source text for Eikon: Further company coverage:
* William Doo Wai-Hoi has tendered his resignation as an independent Non- Executive Director
* Chairman says asset quality to stabilise in 2017 (Adds China loan details, management comment)
* FY net interest income HK$11.1 billion versus hk$11.93 billion
HONG KONG, Feb 17 Bank of East Asia Ltd (BEA) on Friday reported a 33 percent fall in annual profit to its lowest in seven years, meeting analyst estimates, due to slowing loan demand in its main markets of Hong Kong and China as well as a rise in bad loans.
* Trustee-manager entered into agreement with bank of east asia for grant of S$60 million loan facility & s$30 million revolving credit facility Source text for Eikon: Further company coverage:
HONG KONG Hong Kong-based Bank of East Asia said it has agreed to sell its share registry arm Tricor Holdings to private equity firm Permira for HK$6.5 billion ($837.91 million) in a deal that will bolster the lender's capital reserve.