News: Li & Fung Ltd (0494.HK)
Sun, Jan 12 2014
Jan 12 - Li & Fung Ltd plans to launch a unit that consults on factory safety in the aftermath of a 2012 fire in a garment plant in Bangladesh that killed 112 workers, the Wall Street Journal reported on Sunday.
HONG KONG - Strength in the shares of exporter Li & Fung and China-focused footwear retailers helped secure a slim gain for Hong Kong's benchmark index early on Tuesday, while mainland Chinese markets moved off five-month lows in muted volumes.
HONG KONG, Jan 7 - Hong Kong's Hang Seng Index rose fractionally on Tuesday, helped by surge of nearly 10 percent for exporter Li & Fung, but weakness in the mainland banking sector meant the H-share index still hasn't had a gain in 2014.
* Li & Fung spikes after it says 2013 performance 'solid'
HONG KONG - Li Ka-shing's Power Assets Holdings Ltd expects to list its Hong Kong electricity business next month, providing the group with a cash injection of up to $5.7 billion for overseas takeovers.
* Trust expected to pay annualised yield of 5.5 pct-7.26 pct
For the full text of this story please click the following link:
HONG KONG - Global exporter Li & Fung Ltd said business with its major customer Wal-Mart Stores Inc is normal, but its shares still slid as much as 4.9 percent on a report that the U.S. retailer is cutting orders to suppliers.
- Quiksilver Announces Licensing Agreement for Children’s Apparel with LF USA<0494.HK>
- Authentic Brands Group, LLC Completes Purchase of Spyder Active Sports, Inc.<0494.HK>
- BNY Mellon and OTC Markets Group Announce New OTCM ADR Index, Powered by BNY Mellon DR Indices
- Vena Cava Announces Partnership With LF USA