News: LG Electronics Inc (066575.KS)
19 Dec 2014
Tue, Dec 16 2014
* Confirms that LG Electronics ("LG") will be using Nanoco's quantum dot technology in its 4k ultra HD tv lineup in 2015
SEOUL - South Korea's LG Electronics Inc will launch a new range of high-tech TVs in early 2015, beefing up its line-up while it strives to cut costs that make its prized light-emitting diode (OLED) sets too expensive for most consumers.
* Dow Chemical to supply quantum dot material to LG (Adds comment from Dow Chemical, industry context)
SEOUL, Dec 16 - LG Electronics Inc, the world's No. 2 television maker behind South Korean compatriot Samsung Electronics Co Ltd, said on Tuesday it will launch quantum dot television sets in early 2015.
SEOUL, Oct 30 - The world's biggest TV makers, Samsung Electronics Co Ltd and LG Electronics Inc , are turning to quantum dot technology for their next-generation TVs as it could still be years before OLED is affordable for the mass market.
SEOUL - LG Electronics Inc , maker of expensive OLED display televisions, said it will supplement its line-up of next-generation TVs with sets using cheaper quantum dot display technology under a dual-track strategy.
* LG plans to use quantum dot as well as OLED for new TV products
SEOUL - LG Electronics Inc will look to develop both quantum dot and OLED display technologies for its television business, its chief financial officer said on Wednesday.
SEOUL, Oct 29 - LG Electronics Inc will look to develop both quantum dot and OLED display technologies for its television business, its chief financial officer said on Wednesday.
* LG Electronics CFO says expects fourth-quarter operating profit to be higher from a year ago, backed by handset business recovery.
- LG To Unveil More Intuitive webOS 2.0 Smart TV Platform At CES 2015<066570.KS>
- Quantum Dot Technology To Join LG's 4K ULTRA HD TV Lineup In 2015<066570.KS>
- LG Electronics Realigns Business Units To Enhance Competitiveness<066570.KS>
- LG Electronics Honored With 10 CES 2015 Innovation Awards<066570.KS>
- LG OLED TV Named 'Best Television Of The Year' By USA Today's Reviewed.com<066570.KS>
- Google and LG Enter Into Global Patent License Agreement<066570.KS>
- LG Electronics Encourages Enthusiasts To 'Rethink Everything' At World Maker Faire New York<066570.KS>
- LG Electronics, UL Environment Announce First GREENGUARD Certified Television<066570.KS>
- LG Sponsors New International Women's Baseball Tournament<066570.KS>
- First Study on Smart TV Ad Effectiveness, Reveals Interactive Ad Formats Increase Brand Engagement<066570.KS>