News: CNOOC Ltd (0883.HK)
27 Aug 2014
Fri, Aug 22 2014
(The Day Ahead is an email and PDF publication that includes the day's major stories and events, analyses and other features. To receive The Day Ahead, Eikon users can register at . Thomson One users can register at RT/DAY/US. All times in ET/GMT) WEEK AHEAD The benchmark Standard & Poor's 500 Index, which has been setting a series of records all year, is expected to hit the 2,000-points milestone next week. Investors and economists, however, are also keeping close watch of escalating tensi
LA PAZ, Aug 21 - Argentina-based Pan American Energy has agreed to accept less than 30 percent of the $1.49 billion it demanded from Bolivia as compensation for the 2009 nationalization of a subsidiary, the Andean nation's state attorney general said on Thursday.
* Net profit rises to $1.1 bln, meets forecasts (Adds CEO, analyst comments)
HONG KONG, Aug 18 - A new Chinese petrochemical plant plans to use rising exports of U.S. liquefied petroleum gas (LPG), part of the shale boom, as a cost-saving feedstock, joining other plants on China's east coast.
Aug 18 - The following are the top stories from selected Canadian newspapers. Reuters has not verified these stories and does not vouch for their accuracy.
OTTAWA - China's decision to investigate two Canadians for suspected spying highlights a sharp and unexpected deterioration in bilateral ties just months ahead of a trip by Canada's Prime Minister Stephen Harper to Beijing.
BEIJING - Muslim extremists from China's far western region of Xinjiang have gone to the Middle East for training and some may have crossed into Iraq to participate in the upsurge of violence there, China's special envoy for the Middle East said on Monday.
BEIJING - Chinese energy giant CNOOC Group is studying the possibility of building a multi-billion-dollar floating liquefied natural gas (FLNG) vessel, as-yet untried technology that would likely be used to produce gas from the deep waters of the South China Sea.
* Facility size discussed at 2.4 mln tpy, 1,500-metre water depth
BEIJING - China hopes that Iraq can form a new inclusive government as soon as possible and will support efforts by Baghdad to protect its sovereignty, state media cited China's special envoy to the Middle East as saying on a visit to a key energy supplier.
- Wenchang 13-6 Oilfield Commences Production<0883.HK>
- Panyu 10-2/5/8 Project Starts Production<0883.HK>
- CNOOC Limited Announces Lishui 36-1 Gas Field Starts Production<0883.HK>
- Upcoming Earnings, Acquisitions, Production Sharing Agreements, Cash Distributions, and Notes Offering - Analyst Notes on Diamond Offshore Drilling, Patterson-UTI, CNOOC Limited, BreitBurn and MRD
- CNOOC Signed PSC with Eni<0883.HK>
- Awards, Agreements, Appointments, and Productions - Analyst Notes on Pan American, Sasol, Approach Resources, CNOOC and Swift Energy
- Kenli 3-2 Oilfields Start Production<0883.HK>
- Fleet Contract Status Updates, Financial Results, Pricing of Notes Offerings, and Upcoming Investors Conferences - Analyst Notes on Rowan, Hercules Offshore, CNOOC, Antero Resources and Bill Barrett
- CNOOC Limited Announces Pricing of Guaranteed Notes Offering<0883.HK>
- CNOOC Limited Announces Key Operational Statistics of Q1<0883.HK>