BYD Co Ltd (1211.HK)
24 Jun 2016
Tue, Jun 21 2016
* Says it signs framework agreement to set up joint venture with partners including Qinghai Salt Lake Industry Co Ltd on lithium products
BEIJING, April 28 Chinese automaker BYD Co Ltd , backed by Warren Buffett's Berkshire Hathaway Inc, forecast on Thursday a five-fold jump in first-half net profit, citing strong demand for its electric and plug-in hybrid vehicles.
* Says it expects H1 net profit to rise 382.15-425.01 percent y/y to 2.25-2.45 billion yuan ($347.29-$378.16 million)
* Says unit wins bid for electric buses for 1.8 billion yuan ($278.61 million) in Shenzhen
* Two more green SUV models to launch in 2016 (Adds Q1 forecast, model launches, company comments)
SHANGHAI, March 28 Chinese automaker BYD Co Ltd , backed by Warren Buffett's Berkshire Hathaway Inc, said on Monday its 2015 net profit rose more than six times over the previous year to a six-year high as green-energy car demand surged.
* Says 2015 net profit up 551.3 percent y/y at 2.8 billion yuan ($429.74 million)
* Says preliminary 2015 net profit up 552.6 percent y/y at 2.8 billion yuan ($428.34 million)
* Says gets securities regulator's approval to issue A-shares in private placement
* Says major shareholders including Wang Chuanfu pledge not sell company shares in the next six months from Jan 14, 2016