News: Obayashi Corp (1802.T)
21 Nov 2014
Thu, Nov 6 2014
* Mitsui, Marubeni cut metals units' forecasts on iron ore, coal slide
* Nippon Steel, JFE post H1 earnings rises on higher margins
(Adds comment on exports from China's steel association in 8th paragraph)
TOKYO/SINGAPORE, Oct 29 - China has boosted exports of steel qualifying for a generous tax exemption to some Asian countries, triggering accusations that mills in the world's biggest producer are taking advantage of the rebate to sell surplus steel cheaply.
* U.S. has challenged Japan coal-fired plant exports -source
* Obuchi told people close to PM of plan to resign -newspaper
TOKYO, Oct 18 - In a blow to Prime Minister Shinzo Abe, Japan's newly appointed trade and industry minister plans to resign following reports that some of her support groups misused political funds, Japanese media said on Saturday.
* Record high premiums reflect high spot U.S., Europe rates
TOKYO, Aug 26 - Japan's government lobbied hard for a global pact that limits mercury use and to name the resulting treaty after Minamata, the site of a homegrown industrial disaster from the 1950s when the toxic metal poured into a river, poisoning thousands.
* Premiums for July-September shipments up 8-12 pct from $365-$370 in Q2