News: Obayashi Corp (1802.T)
14 Jul 2014
Tue, Jul 1 2014
* Premiums for July-September shipments up 8-12 pct from $365-$370 in Q2
* Says its coal assets are still profitable at current prices
TOKYO, May 16 - Tokyo will find it "extremely difficult" to prepare for both the 2020 Olympics and develop a casino resort at the same time due to a shortage of construction workers and other factors, an executive at one of Japan's largest contractors said on Friday.
* Japan's biggest nickel smelter says facing ore quality, delivery issues
* Nippon Steel planning $1 bln a year in strategic spending
* Fukushima power plant manager says water problem must be brought under control
(Releads, writes through adding background, data) By Yuka Obayashi TOKYO, April 7 - Copper output in Japan is expected to rise 4.4 percent in the six months between April and September from the same period last year, Reuters calculations showed on Monday, driven by recovering local demand and higher processing fees. Pan Pacific Copper (PPC), Japan's biggest copper smelter and a unit of Japan's JX Holdings Inc, said it was aiming for a 5.5 percent increase in its refined cop
* Rush to build homes and buy cars before tax hike boost demand
TOKYO/SINGAPORE, March 6 - A spike in Japan's steel imports threatens to arrest a nascent recovery in domestic prices of the alloy and crimp profits at the nation's steelmakers, while offering other Asian producers opportunities to unload their surplus output.
TOKYO, Feb 24 - Some big aluminium producers have pushed up their proposed premiums on primary metal to Japanese buyers by 45-47 percent to a record $370-$375 per tonne for April-June shipments, four sources involved in quarterly pricing talks said on Monday.