News: Shimizu Corp (1803.T)
25 Jul 2014
Tue, Jun 24 2014
* Niinami currently chairs convenience store chain Lawson
* Higher prices to be reflected from fall/winter collection
* Japan's complex beer taxes draw industry complaints (Adds details of product, relaunch plans, complex regulatory regime)
* Duty-free sales surge as local tax hike crimps spending
TOKYO, May 1 - Japan's four biggest department store operators on Thursday reported a decline in sales in April, following a surge in March ahead of a rise in the consumption tax.
* Marunouchi Capital seeking $490 mln including debt -sources
TOKYO, April 18 - Japanese investment fund Marunouchi Capital is looking to sell supermarket operator Seijo Ishii Co in a deal worth about $490 million, with Lawson Inc and Isetan Mitsukoshi Holdings Ltd among those involved in the first round of bidding, two sources familiar with the matter said.
* Expects 4th straight record op profit in 2014/15, up 4.8 pct
TOKYO - Japan's Seven & I Holdings Co , the world's biggest convenience store operator, unveiled plans for a record pace of expansion at home, unfazed by a sales tax hike that threatens to damp consumer sentiment in the world's No.3 economy.
* India's Bharti in talks with Carrefour, Aeon for retail JV - report