Belle International Holdings Ltd (1880.HK)
18 Jul 2017
Tue, Jul 18 2017
BRIEF-Belle International Holdings announces approval of resolution to privatise Belle International
* Proposal for privatisation of Belle International Holdings Limited
* Private equity firms offer HK$6.30 apiece to buy out Belle (Adds CEO's comments from briefing)
HONG KONG, May 15 China's Belle International Holdings, subject of a private equity takeover approach last month, posted its lowest full-year net profit since 2008 as it continues to grapple with e-commerce and shoppers' growing preference for sports shoes over traditional fashion footwear.
HONG KONG A consortium led by private equity firms Hillhouse Capital Group and CDH Investments offered on Friday to buy Belle International Holdings Ltd in a deal valuing the entire Hong Kong-listed shoe retailer at about $6.8 billion.
* Privatisation to free Belle from "short-term distractions-CEO (Adds Belle CEO comments, details on Hillhouse, Belle ownership after buyout)
HONG KONG, April 28 A consortium led by private equity firms Hillhouse Capital Group and CDH Investments offered on Friday to buy Belle International Holdings Ltd in a deal valuing the entire Hong Kong-listed shoe retailer at about $6.8 billion.
SHANGHAI, April 18 Chinese footwear giant Belle International Holdings Ltd has suspended trading in its shares pending an announcement related to Hong Kong's "takeovers and mergers" code, the firm said in a filing on Tuesday.
* Trading in shares of Belle International Holdings Limited has been halted at 9:00 a.m. On April 18 Source text for Eikon: Further company coverage:
HONG KONG, March 20 China's top footwear retailer Belle International Holdings Ltd expects its profit for the year ended February to drop by 15-25 percent from a year ago due to weak sales.
* Expects profit attributable for year ended 28 February 2017 decreased by approximately 15 pct to 25 pct Source text for Eikon: Further company coverage: