News: Taiwan Semiconductor Manufacturing Co Ltd (2330.TW)
18 Dec 2013
Mon, Dec 9 2013
(The author is a columnist for Reuters. The opinions expressed are his own.)
CHICAGO, Dec 9 - There is a growing consensus that U.S. stocks, as well as stocks around the world, are going to catch a tailwind going into 2014.
TAIPEI, Dec 9 - Taiwan stocks rose 1.1 percent early on Monday as investor sentiment was encouraged by a Wall Street rally on Friday, paced by gains in tech heavyweights such as TSMC. At around 0220 GMT, the main TAIEX index had jumped to 8,457.88, largely in line with most regional bourses. Taiwan Semiconductor Manufacturing Co (TSMC), the world's top contract chip maker, advanced 1.5 percent, tracking a 1.26 percent rise of its ADR on Friday. Hon Hai Precision, a major iP
SAN FRANCISCO - Intel CEO Brian Krzanich said on Thursday he would expand his company's small contract manufacturing business, paving the way for more chipmakers to tap into the world's most advanced process technology.
SAN FRANCISCO, Nov 21 - Intel CEO Brian Krzanich said on Thursday he would expand his company's small contract manufacturing business, paving the way for more chipmakers to tap into the world's most advanced process technology.
* Oct export orders up 3.2 pct y/y vs +0.7 pct Reuters poll f'cast
TAIPEI, Nov 13 - Taiwan stocks edged down on Wednesday, with Taiwan Semiconductor Manufacturing Co Ltd shedding 1 percent after appointing new presidents and co-CEOs, taking over from 82-year-old Morris Chang who stays chairman. At 0141 GMT, the main TAIEX index was down 0.24 percent, or 19.68 points at 8,175.58, after opening flat. Commodities were the biggest drags, with the plastics counters index down 1.5 percent. Oil and steel eased 1 percent and 0.9 percent respectivel
Nov 12 - Taiwan Semiconductor Manufacturing Co Ltd , the world's No. 1 contract chip maker, said on Tuesday it has appointed Mark Liu and C.C. Wei as president and co-CEO, taking over from 82-year-old Morris Chang who stays as chairman.
TAIPEI, Oct 18 - Taiwan stocks rose 0.8 percent to a 26-month closing high on Friday, led by gains in TSMC after the world's top contract chip maker posted better-than-expected quarterly earnings. The main TAIEX index ended at 8,441.19, its highest closing level since August 2011. TSMC jumped 3 percent, sending the electronics subindex up 1.3 percent. ASIA-PACIFIC STOCK MARKET REPORTS: Japan.......... S.Korea..... S.E. Asia..... Hong Kong..... China......
* Taiwan chip maker sees Q4 revenue down up to 11 pct on qtr
- Revenue and Quarterly Reports, Deliveries, and Product Releases - Research Report on TSMC, Skyworks, OmniVision, Microsemi, and Photronics
- Information Technology Sector Technical Talks: Taiwan Semiconductor Manufacturing, NetApp, Rackspace Hosting, and Silicon Graphics Intl.
- Early Briefing and Review: NetApp Inc., Taiwan Semiconductor Manufacturing Co. Ltd, Rackspace Hosting Inc. and Silicon Graphics Intl. Corp.
- Product Enhancements, Senior Leadership Changes, Improved Service Offerings and New Collaborations - Research Report on Facebook, Verizon, Accenture, Dell, and Taiwan Semiconductor
- Under AAAResearchReports.com Microscope: Taiwan Semiconductor Manufacturing Co. Ltd, NetApp Inc., Rackspace Hosting Inc., and Silicon Graphics Intl. Corp.
- Xilinx and TSMC Reach Volume Production on all 28nm CoWoS™-based All Programmable 3D IC Families<2330.TW>
- Top Tech Analyst Issues In-Depth Earnings Previews for Advanced Micro Devices, Cypress Semiconductor, Fairchild Semiconductor, and Taiwan Semiconductor Manufacturing
- Management Changes, Upcoming Results Schedules, New Partnerships and Monthly Revenue Reports - Research Report on Micron Technology, Taiwan Semiconductor, SanDisk, Polycom, and Semtech
- State of Tech: A Guide to the Q2 2013 Earnings Season that Boldly Predicts the Winners and Losers, Covering Marvell, JDS Uniphase, and Many More
- Early Briefing and Review: Taiwan Semiconductor Manufacturing Co. Ltd, NetApp Inc., Rackspace Hosting Inc., and Silicon Graphics Intl. Corp.