HTC Corp (2498.TW)
Wed, Jun 22 2016
What a difference a day makes for haptic technology company Immersion Corp, after a federal appeals court on Tuesday revived three of its patents even though they were applied for on the same day as a patent on which they are based was granted, a scenario a lower court judge had said made them invalid.
* Says sales down 37.4 percent y/y at T$6.7 billion ($207.25 million) in May
* Says it bought back shares totalling T$420 million ($12.85 million)
* Says it to repurchase 40,000,000 shares of its common stock (a 4.83 pct stake) during the period from May 16 to July 15
TAIPEI, May 16 Taiwan stocks rebounded from over three-month lows on Monday, with struggling smartphone maker HTC Corp rising on a share buyback plan, but the index gains may be short-lived due to recent heavy selling by foreign investors.
Further company coverage: ($1 = 32.4490 Taiwan dollars) (Reporting by Hong Kong newsroom)
* Says Q1 operating loss at T$4.8 billion ($148.01 million), after-tax net loss at t$2.6 billion
* Says February sales down 54.5 percent y/y at T$4.2 billion ($128.09 million)
With virtual reality (VR) on course to become a $1 billion global business, the launch of the eagerly-awaited HTC Vive VR headset has been one of the highlights of this year's Mobile World Congress (MWC) in Barcelona. | Video
* Says Q4 net loss after tax at T$3.4 billion ($101.35 million), revenue at T$25.7 billion