Sony Corp (6758.T)
2 Dec 2016
Fri, Nov 25 2016
* Two-week strike at Sony unit's factory ended Friday after the company offered to pay each employee up to 1,000 Yuan to return to work - Nikkei
BRIEF-"Sony unit told striking workers at a factory here wednesday that they will be fired unless they resume their jobs within the week"- Nikkei
* "Sony unit told striking workers at a factory here wednesday that they will be fired unless they resume their jobs within the week"- Nikkei Source text for Eikon: Further company coverage:
* Says co's wholly-owned China-based unit Sony (China) Ltd enters into a binding definitive agreement, to sell entire shares in its wholly-owned unit Sony Electronics Huanan Co Ltd, to Shen Zhen O-Film Tech Co., Ltd.
TOKYO Japan's Sony Corp on Tuesday said it remained bullish about the long-term prospects of its cash-cow imaging sensor business after earthquake damage to a major factory contributed to a 48 percent drop in quarterly profit.
* Chips unit, featuring image sensors, swings to loss (Adds CFO comments, move toward automotive market)
TOKYO, Nov 1 Japan's Sony Corp on Tuesday reported a 48 percent decline in operating profit for the July-September quarter as earthquake damage continued to affect its cash-cow imaging sensor business.
TOKYO Sony Corp cut its annual profit outlook due to losses related to the sale of its battery business - disappointing a market that had been hoping for an upward revision on buoyant sales momentum for PlayStation 4 and the launch of its virtual reality headset.
* Cuts operating profit outlook to Y270 bln vs Y309 bln estimate
TOKYO, Oct 31 Sony Corp said on Monday it was cutting its annual profit outlook due to impairment losses related to the sale of its battery business to Murata Manufacturing Co.
* Says the co decided to establish Sony Imaging Products & Solutions Inc., a wholly-owned subsidiary that will be responsible for its imaging products and solutions businesses