News: Sony Corp (6758.T)
21 Aug 2014
Thu, Aug 14 2014
* Japan market should stay resilient on GPIF hopes - traders * Sony up on report it plans to enter automotive image sensor market * Nikkei up more than 3 pct for the week By Ayai Tomisawa TOKYO, Aug 15 - Japanese stocks snapped a four-day winning streak on Friday morning, as investors took a breather ahead of the weekend though Sony Corp rose on a report that it will enter the automotive image sensor market. The Nikkei dropped 0.2 percent to 15,289.76 in midmorning
SAN FRANCISCO, Aug 12 - Sony Corp said on Tuesday that sales of its PlayStation 4 video game console, launched in November, has surpassed 10 million units.
SAN FRANCISCO, Aug 12 - Sony Corp said on Tuesday it has sold 10 million PlayStation 4 units since its launch in November last year.
SAN FRANCISCO - Timex Group is launching a smartwatch with cellular connectivity and a high-visibility display from Qualcomm Inc.
SAN FRANCISCO - Take-Two Interactive Software on Tuesday posted better-than-expected revenue in its fiscal first quarter as the video game publisher's "Grand Theft Auto V" and "NBA 2K14" titles continued to see strong demand from gamers.
SAN FRANCISCO, Aug 5 - Take-Two Interactive Software on Tuesday posted better-than-expected revenue in its fiscal first quarter as the video game publisher's "Grand Theft Auto V" and "NBA 2K14" titles continued to see strong demand from gamers.
TOKYO, Aug 1 - Japan's Nikkei share average dropped to a one-week low on Friday, hit by concern that U.S. interest rates could rise sooner than expected, but strong earnings from companies such as Sony Corp limited the losses. The Nikkei ended 0.6 percent down at 15,523.11, the lowest close since July 25. For the week, the index rose 0.4 percent and posted a third consecutive weekly gain. The broader Topix shed 0.6 percent to 1,281.30 and the JPX-Nikkei Index 400 fell 0.6 perce
* Strong Japanese earnings limit declines * Correction likely be short-term - fund manager By Ayai Tomisawa TOKYO, Aug 1 - Japan's Nikkei share average dropped on Friday morning after U.S. shares languished on concerns that interest rates could rise sooner than expected, but strong earnings from Sony Corp and Panasonic Corp limited the losses. The Nikkei dropped 0.3 percent to 15,581.03 in mid-morning trade. For the week, the index looked set to gain 0.5 percent.
TOKYO - Shares of Sony Corp jumped to a three-month high on Friday after the consumer electronics maker's quarterly operating profit unexpectedly doubled, helped by a strong performance in its games and networks division.
TOKYO - Japan's Sony Corp warned it doesn't now expect to make money on smartphones this year, citing weak demand, as the consumer electronics maker said restructuring will still help it turn a profit on its TVs after 10 years of losses. | Video
- "National Ghostbusters Day" To Take Place Thursday, August 28, 2014<6758.T>
- TriStar Announces Title And Wrap Of Production For "The Walk"<6758.T>
- REG-Sony Corporation Quarterly Securities Report<6758.T>
- REG-Sony Corporation Announcement of Company Split (Small-scale Company Split) of Sony Corporation into JOLED Inc., a new integrated company in the organic light-emitting diode display panels business<6758.T>
- REG-Sony Corporation Consolidated Financial Results for the First Quarter Ended June 30, 2014<6758.T>
- REG-Sony Corporation INCJ, JDI, Sony and Panasonic announce the establishment of JOLED Inc. A new integrated company in organic light-emitting diode display panels<6758.T>
- REG-Sony Corporation Notice Regarding Application to Delist from the London Stock Exchange<6758.T>
- Innovative Social Media Apps and Virtual Reality Platforms Draw in New Users - Company To Develop New Virtual Reality Platform for Facebook's Oculus Rift
- TriStar Productions Bullish On Money Monster<6758.T>
- REG-Sony Corporation Sale of Sony’s Headquarters’ Land to Sony Life Insurance Co., Ltd., a Sony’s Consolidated Subsidiary<6758.T>