News: Sony Corp (6758.T)
Wed, Apr 16 2014
SAN FRANCISCO - Sony Corp said on Wednesday it sold more than 7 million PlayStation 4 videogame consoles in just over four months to April 6, double the number of the older version, PlayStation 3, sold in about the same time frame after its launch.
(Adds comparisons with PS3 and Xbox One sales, details about software, in paragraphs 1, 3-7)
SAN FRANCISCO - Sony Corp sold more than 7 million PlayStation 4 units as of April 6 and is struggling to keep pace with demand for the video game console, the company said on Wednesday.
(Recasts first paragraph with full-year target; adds executive quote)
SAN FRANCISCO, April 16 - Sony Corp has sold over 7 million Playstation 4 video game consoles as of April 6, the company said on Wednesday.
SAN FRANCISCO - Patent buyer Intellectual Ventures has persuaded Microsoft and Sony to invest in its latest acquisition fund while Apple and Intel, which invested with IV previously, declined to participate, according to people briefed on the fundraising.
TOKYO - Sony Corp on Friday urged customers to stop using a model of its Vaio computers launched in February, saying there was a risk that the battery would catch fire.
TOKYO, April 11 - Sony Corp on Friday urged customers to stop using a model of its Vaio computers launched in February, saying there was a risk that the battery would catch fire.
SAN FRANCISCO - Global personal computer shipments fell in the first three months of 2014, the eighth straight quarter of decline, although the industry got a boost from companies replacing aging computers, according to two market research firms on Wednesday.
April 4 - Apple Inc has agreed to settle a year-old patent infringement lawsuit with Intertrust Technologies Corp, a software firm owned by a group that includes Sony Corp and Philips, according to court filings.
- REG-Sony Corporation Supplementary Information about Sale of SQUARE ENIX HOLDINGS CO., LTD. Shares Held by Sony Computer Entertainment Inc.<6758.T>
- REG-Sony Corporation Sale of SQUARE ENIX HOLDINGS CO., LTD. shares held by Sony Computer Entertainment Inc.<6758.T>
- Stock Update on Consumer Discretionary Equities -- Research on Harley-Davidson, Weight Watchers Intl., Sony, and LIN Media
- Sony Pictures Slates "Pixels" For Summer 2015<6758.T>
- Sony Online Entertainment to Launch Player Studio in Landmark this Spring<6758.T>
- Sony Electronics' New Headphones Offer Precision Noise Cancelling and Wireless Freedom<6758.T>
- Earth Hour Super Heroes Are Joined By The Amazing Spider-Man To Protect The Planet<6758.T>
- REG-Sony Corporation Notice Concerning Change of Representative Corporate Executive Officer<6758.T>
- REG-Sony Corporation Sale of Certain Building and Premises at Gotenyama Technology Center<6758.T>
- Leadership Changes, Sales Agreement, Weather Impacts, and Joint Development Agreement - Analyst Notes on Apple, Sony, Thor, Quantum, and Westport