News: Sony Corp (6758.T)
20 Oct 2014
Mon, Sep 29 2014
Note: Reuters has not verified this story and does not vouch for its accuracy. (Compiled by Derek Francis in Bangalore)
- Sony Corp said PlayStation TV set-top box, which allows users to access movies and TV episodes from the PlayStation store, will hit stores in the United States and Canada on Oct. 14.
Sept 22 - Sony Corp said PlayStation TV set-top box, which allows users to access movies and TV episodes from the PlayStation store, will hit stores in the United States and Canada on Oct. 14.
TOKYO - The head of Sony Corp's PlayStation division hopes to raise its profit outlook for this year, in stark contrast to the Japanese electronics firm's mobile business which has forecast deep losses and sent Sony's stock reeling.
Sept 17 - Japan's Sony Corp forecast a much bigger than expected annual net loss of 230 billion yen ($2.14 billion) as it takes a big impairment charge for its struggling smartphone division. It's the company's sixth guidance cut under CEO Kazuo Hirai, who took the post in April 2012 promising to revive the storied electronics brand by focusing on mobile, gaming and imaging.
TOKYO - Sony Corp shares fell more than 10 percent on Thursday in their biggest drop in more than 10 months after the Japanese consumer electronics maker announced deep losses in its smartphone business and scrapped its dividend for the first time since it listed in 1958.
* Shares give up much of 6-wk, 25% rally sparked by restructuring
(The following statement was released by the rating agency) HONG KONG/SYDNEY/SINGAPORE, September 17 (Fitch) Sony's (BB-/Negative) JPY180bn (USD1.65bn) write-down in its mobile communications business comes as no surprise, and is not likely to affect the credit rating, says Fitch Ratings. Our assumptions about Sony's mobile business profitability and cash generation have been consistently lower than those of management, given the competitive nature of the smartphone market and Sony's strug
* U.S. recovery offsets weak confidence in Japan - analysts * Sony tumbles to 1-month low on loss estimate By Ayai Tomisawa TOKYO, Sept 18 - Japan's Nikkei share average soared to a new eight-month high on Thursday morning, with yen weakness giving exporters a boost amid further confirmation of a stronger U.S. economy. The U.S. Federal Reserve on Wednesday renewed its pledge to keep interest rates near zero for a "considerable time" but indicated that it could raise
TOKYO, Sept 18 - Shares of Sony Corp were untraded amid a glut of sell orders on Thursday after the consumer electronics firm deepened its loss estimate and said it would not pay a dividend this fiscal year for the first time since it listed in 1958.
- Technical Summary on Consumer Discretionary Equities - Best Buy, RadioShack, GameStop, Garmin, and Sony
- REG-Sony Corporation Announcement of additional information about Company Split (Small-scale Company Split) of Sony Corporation into JOLED Inc., a new integrated company in the organic light-emitting diode display panels bus<6758.T>
- REG-Sony Corporation Sony Announces Revision of Consolidated Forecast for the Fiscal Year Ending March 31, 2015 Due to the Impairment of Goodwill in the Mobile Communications Segment<6758.T>
- REG-Sony Corporation Notice Regarding Interim Dividend and Year-End Dividend for the Fiscal Year Ending March 31, 2015<6758.T>
- Sony Pictures Entertainment's "Annie" Adopts Turnaround Arts to Support Struggling Schools<6758.T>
- Michael Horn Tapped To Oversee Latin America For Sony Pictures Releasing International<6758.T>
- Viacom and Sony Reach Landmark Internet Distribution Agreement<6758.T>
- Sports Legends, Coaches And Teams Inspired By True Story 'When The Game Stands Tall'<6758.T>
- George Clooney To Direct "Hack Attack," An Adaptation Of Journalist Nick Davies' Investigation Into The True Story Of The British Phone Hacking Scandal, For Sony Pictures Entertainment<6758.T>
- REG-Sony Corporation Notice Regarding Completion of Delisting from the London Stock Exchange<6758.T>