News: Sony Corp (6758.T)
Fri, Feb 5 2016
(The following statement was released by the rating agency) SEOUL, February 05 (Fitch) Fitch Ratings has upgraded Sony Corporation's (Sony) Long-Term Foreign- and Local-Currency Issuer Default Ratings (IDR) and local-currency senior unsecured ratings to 'BB' from 'BB-'. The Outlook is Stable. Simultaneously, its Short-Term Foreign- and Local-Currency IDRs are affirmed at 'B'. A full list of rating actions is at the end of this release. The upgrade reflects Fitch's expectations of improved pr
TOKYO Sony Corp , widely regarded as a key supplier of image sensors for Apple Inc's iPhones, said on Friday it was bracing for a slowdown in the premium smartphone market after sales of its sensors fell in the third quarter.
* Keeps outlook for annual op profit at 320 bln yen (Adds raised outlook for game division)
TOKYO, Jan 29 Sony Corp, widely regarded as a key supplier of image sensors for Apple Inc's iPhones, said on Friday it was bracing for a slowdown in the premium smartphone market after sales of its sensors fell in the third quarter.
TOKYO, Jan 29 Sony Corp reported an 11 percent rise in quarterly operating profit on Friday as strong sales of PlayStation 4 games helped offset a decline in sales of image sensors, which had led the company's turnaround in the previous year.
TOKYO Sony Corp said it will buy Israeli chipmaker Altair Semiconductor for $212 million, stepping up its investment in chip technology after strong sales of camera sensors in the last few years helped turn around the business.
PARIS/BERLIN Kellogg , Sony , Coca-Cola Enterprises and a group of other companies have committed to targets certified by independent assessors to cut their carbon emissions, they said on Tuesday.
Georgia Southern running back Matt Breida rushed for 187 yards and two touchdowns, leading the Eagles to a 55-17 win over visiting South Alabama on Saturday.
TOKYO Sony Corp on Wednesday said sales of its PlayStation 4 video game console exceeded 30.2 million units as of Nov. 22, as global price cuts ahead of the year-end holiday season bolstered demand.
TOKYO, Nov 25 Sony Corp on Wednesday said sales of its PlayStation 4 video game console exceeded 30.2 million units as of Nov. 22, as global price cuts ahead of the year-end holiday season bolstered demand.
- Sony Pictures Home Entertainment & Scholastic Donate 20,000 Books to Be Distributed by Save the Children<6758.T>
- Sony Pictures Invites All NFL Team Owners, Players And Families To See "Concussion"<6758.T>
- Mobile Game Apps Forecasted to Generate More Revenue Potential Than Video Online & Console Games Reaching $40 Billion by 2018
- James Bond Makes History<6758.T>
- Music & Entertainment Sector Showing Signs of 4th Qtr Growth Potential with Recent Acquisitions, Expansions and New Product Announcements
- Growing Prominence of Mobile Game Designers & Publishers Seeking to Increase in Revenue Opportunities in Multi-Billion Dollar Gaming Market - Company Reveals Q3 Mobile Game Progress
- Sony Electronics Delivers Hi-Res Audio to the Car<6758.T>
- Sam Smith To Sing Title Song To "SPECTRE"<6758.T>
- 'War Room' Surprises at Box Office With $11.35mm Opening Weekend<6758.T>
- AMAG, ImageWare, Sony, SRC Discuss Security Solutions in SecuritySolutionsWatch.com Interviews<6758.T>