News: Sony Corp (6758.T)
24 Oct 2014
Tue, Oct 21 2014
BOSTON - Hedge fund manager Daniel Loeb told investors on Tuesday he urged U.S. biotechnology company Amgen Inc to split into two separate businesses, a move he said could boost its share price by more than 80 percent.
BOSTON, Oct 21 - Hedge fund manager Daniel Loeb told investors on Tuesday he urged U.S. biotechnology company Amgen Inc to split into two separate businesses, a move he said could boost its share price by more than 80 percent.
BOSTON, Oct 21 - Hedge fund manager Daniel Loeb told investors on Tuesday that his firm Third Point has made new bets on eBay Inc and Alibaba Group Holdings while exiting other names including Sony Corp.
Note: Reuters has not verified this story and does not vouch for its accuracy. (Compiled by Derek Francis in Bangalore)
- Sony Corp said PlayStation TV set-top box, which allows users to access movies and TV episodes from the PlayStation store, will hit stores in the United States and Canada on Oct. 14.
Sept 22 - Sony Corp said PlayStation TV set-top box, which allows users to access movies and TV episodes from the PlayStation store, will hit stores in the United States and Canada on Oct. 14.
TOKYO - The head of Sony Corp's PlayStation division hopes to raise its profit outlook for this year, in stark contrast to the Japanese electronics firm's mobile business which has forecast deep losses and sent Sony's stock reeling.
Sept 17 - Japan's Sony Corp forecast a much bigger than expected annual net loss of 230 billion yen ($2.14 billion) as it takes a big impairment charge for its struggling smartphone division. It's the company's sixth guidance cut under CEO Kazuo Hirai, who took the post in April 2012 promising to revive the storied electronics brand by focusing on mobile, gaming and imaging.
TOKYO - Sony Corp shares fell more than 10 percent on Thursday in their biggest drop in more than 10 months after the Japanese consumer electronics maker announced deep losses in its smartphone business and scrapped its dividend for the first time since it listed in 1958.
* Shares give up much of 6-wk, 25% rally sparked by restructuring
- Technical Summary on Consumer Discretionary Equities - Best Buy, RadioShack, GameStop, Garmin, and Sony
- REG-Sony Corporation Announcement of additional information about Company Split (Small-scale Company Split) of Sony Corporation into JOLED Inc., a new integrated company in the organic light-emitting diode display panels bus<6758.T>
- REG-Sony Corporation Sony Announces Revision of Consolidated Forecast for the Fiscal Year Ending March 31, 2015 Due to the Impairment of Goodwill in the Mobile Communications Segment<6758.T>
- REG-Sony Corporation Notice Regarding Interim Dividend and Year-End Dividend for the Fiscal Year Ending March 31, 2015<6758.T>
- Sony Pictures Entertainment's "Annie" Adopts Turnaround Arts to Support Struggling Schools<6758.T>
- Michael Horn Tapped To Oversee Latin America For Sony Pictures Releasing International<6758.T>
- Viacom and Sony Reach Landmark Internet Distribution Agreement<6758.T>
- Sports Legends, Coaches And Teams Inspired By True Story 'When The Game Stands Tall'<6758.T>
- George Clooney To Direct "Hack Attack," An Adaptation Of Journalist Nick Davies' Investigation Into The True Story Of The British Phone Hacking Scandal, For Sony Pictures Entertainment<6758.T>
- REG-Sony Corporation Notice Regarding Completion of Delisting from the London Stock Exchange<6758.T>