News: Sony Corp (6758.T)
24 Nov 2015
Georgia State couldn't hold a fourth-quarter lead for the second straight week and lost to Louisiana-Lafayette 23-21 Saturday in Sun Belt Conference play at the Georgia Dome.
The dispute over whether a hit song by pop star Shakira was an illegal copy of a Dominican songwriter's work has taken another dramatic turn now that the music company behind the lawsuit says its former attorney has a "deteriorating" medical condition and failed to represent it properly.
BANGKOK, Nov 5 Japan's Sony Corp aims to make 600,000 to 700,000 premium smartphones in the first year at its new wholly-owned plant in Thailand which began production in September, a spokesman said.
TOKYO Sony Corp swung to a second-quarter operating profit as strong PlayStation 4 videogame sales helped to offset a fall in smartphone sales and keep the company on a recovery track after years of decline in its consumer electronics business.
* Strong PlayStation 4 software & sensors sales offset weak mobile (Adds CFO comments from conference and details of results)
TOKYO, Oct 29 Sony Corp swung on Thursday to a quarterly operating profit as strong videogame sales helped to offset a fall in smartphone sales and as the year-ago quarter had seen a big impairment charge.
TOKYO Japan's Toshiba Corp said on Wednesday it will sell its image sensor business to Sony Corp and overhaul its unprofitable semiconductor businesses as it works to recover from a $1.3 billion accounting scandal.
* Deal with Sony worth around Y20 bln -Toshiba source (Adds value of sensor deal, background)
TOKYO/DETROIT Asia's two autos powerhouses, Japan and China, are jostling for supremacy in how future electric cars should generate their power – from batteries or hydrogen-powered fuel-cells.
- Mobile Game Apps Forecasted to Generate More Revenue Potential Than Video Online & Console Games Reaching $40 Billion by 2018
- James Bond Makes History<6758.T>
- Music & Entertainment Sector Showing Signs of 4th Qtr Growth Potential with Recent Acquisitions, Expansions and New Product Announcements
- Growing Prominence of Mobile Game Designers & Publishers Seeking to Increase in Revenue Opportunities in Multi-Billion Dollar Gaming Market - Company Reveals Q3 Mobile Game Progress
- Sony Electronics Delivers Hi-Res Audio to the Car<6758.T>
- Sam Smith To Sing Title Song To "SPECTRE"<6758.T>
- 'War Room' Surprises at Box Office With $11.35mm Opening Weekend<6758.T>
- Sony Pictures Entertainment Dates 16 Films For 2016 And 2017 Slates<6758.T>
- Active Equities to Watch in the Consumer Goods Sector -- Apple, Koninklijke Philips, Sony, Harman Intl. Industries, and Whirlpool
- MIRACLES FROM HEAVEN Starring Jennifer Garner, Martin Henderson, Kylie Rogers, Eugenio Derbez & Queen Latifah Begins Filming in Atlanta<6758.T>