News: Honda Motor Co Ltd (7267.T)
29 Aug 2014
Thu, Aug 28 2014
(Adds information on defect, similar recall by GM in June and background on past recalls)
(Corrects Topix volume in the fourth paragraph to 1.82 billion shares from 1.54 billion) TOKYO, Aug 26 - Japan's Nikkei share average fell on Tuesday in thin trade as profit-taking accelerated in late trade after the weak yen trend paused, taking a toll on exporters and index-heavyweight stocks such as Honda Motor Co and SoftBank Corp. The Nikkei shed 0.6 percent to 15,521.22. The dollar dipped 0.1 percent to 103.92 yen, having peaked at a seven-month high of 104.49 overn
DETROIT - The first 12,000 U.S. customers who bought the 2015 Honda Fit subcompact cars will be asked to have the vehicles retrofitted to attain top marks from the Insurance Institute for Highway Safety, Honda Motor Co and the IIHS said Thursday.
DETROIT, Aug 21 - The first 12,000 U.S. customers who bought the 2015 Honda Fit subcompact cars will be asked to have the vehicles retrofitted to attain top marks from the Insurance Institute for Highway Safety, Honda Motor Co and the IIHS said Thursday.
JAKARTA, Aug 13 - Indonesia's annual motorbike sales fell sharply in July after five months of gains, industry data showed on Wednesday. Sales in July were down 23.9 percent from a year earlier, compared with a 13.8 annual percent rise in June, partly due to fewer business days. July sales were affected by Ramadan, the Muslim fasting month. There were 534,490 motorbikes sold in Southeast Asia's biggest economy in July, or 28.8 percent less than the previous month, according to
DETROIT - U.S. safety regulators have upgraded an investigation of an estimated 335,195 Honda Accord sedans a step closer to a recall after receiving almost 300 complaints that air bags can deploy when the car door is shut with too much force.
SHANGHAI, Aug 4 - Honda Motor Co Ltd posted a 23 percent slump in July China vehicle sales, its biggest decline in 17 months, casting doubts over the company's full-year sales target in the world's biggest auto market.
(Adds analyst comment, final annual sales rate figure, luxury sales, details)
NEW DELHI, Aug 1 - India's Tata Motors Ltd will launch a passenger car this month, its first new offering in four years, in a bid to regain market share and plug losses in its domestic business, which was also hard hit by the slowing economy.
* Macro funds shift to Japan shares - analyst * Earnings impress investors - analysts By Ayai Tomisawa TOKYO, July 30 - Japan's Nikkei share average edged up to hover at six-month highs in choppy trade on Wednesday morning, as strong corporate earnings led by Honda Motor Co and Tokyo Electron Ltd eclipsed data showing weak industrial output. The Nikkei tacked on 0.2 percent to 15,643.55 in midmorning trade after moving in and out of negative territory. On Tuesday, the
- Honda Motor Co., Ltd. Reports Consolidated Financial Results For The Fiscal First Quarter Ended June 30, 2014<7267.T>
- Technical Snapshot on Auto Stocks -- Research on BorgWarner, Honda Motor, Kandi Technologies, and Harley-Davidson
- Auto Manufacturers Announce New Car Exteriors, Results Schedules, Recognitions, and Brand Awareness Efforts - Analyst Notes on Tesla, Ford, Tata Motors, Honda and Toyota
- Honda Motor Co., Ltd. Files Annual Report on Form 20-F for Fiscal Year Ended March 2014<7267.T>
- Auto Manufacturers Announce Earnings and Monthly Sales Results, and Achieve Several Milestones - Analyst Notes on Tesla, Ford, Honda, Tata Motors and Kandi
- Expansion Plans, Annual Shareholders Meeting Schedules, Stock Price Movements, New Contracts, and New Headquarters - Analyst Notes on Tesla, Ford, Toyota, Honda and Kandi
- Honda Motor Co., Ltd. Reports Consolidated Financial Results For The Fiscal Fourth Quarter And The Fiscal Year Ended March 31, 2014<7267.T>
- Earnings to be Released -- Research on Whirlpool, WABCO Holdings, Honda Motor, and CommVault Systems
- Declared Dividends, Sales Reports, and Upcoming Earnings Reports, and Exhibit Schedules - Analyst Notes on GM, Ford, Johnson Controls, Delphi, and Honda
- The Weather Channel® Visits Honda's Manufacturing Plant Wind Project Developed by Juhl Energy, Inc.<7267.T>