Aeon Co Ltd (8267.T)
26 May 2017
Sun, Apr 23 2017
* Says it sold CO2 reduction machine to AEON DELIGHT for 307.0 million yen on Jan. 31
* Sees oper profit 195 bln yen for current year, below consensus
TOKYO, April 12 Top Japanese retailer Aeon Co on Wednesday said its annual operating profit rose 4 percent, as growing sales at its supermarkets and drugs stores helped prop up struggling general merchandise stores.
TOKYO, April 11 Top Japanese retailer Aeon Co is cutting prices for over 250 items ranging from milk to daily necessities to lure cost-savvy shoppers, underscoring the difficulty facing the central bank as it tries to spur inflation and coax consumers to boost spending.
* Aeon's operating profit for the year ended February will likely rise 4% to 185 billion yen - Nikkei Source text : (http://s.nikkei.com/2oNGivY) Further company coverage:
* Aeon Mall's group operating revenue will likely rise 20% to roughly 270 billion yen for year ended in February - Nikkei
* Says Aeon Life Insurance signs agreement to boost real estate unit's capital by 1.15 billion yuan ($167.85 million)
* Operating profit for March-Nov period gains 5.6 percent y/y
TOKYO, Jan 11 Aeon Co, Japan's biggest retailer by sales, on Wednesday said operating profit in the nine months to Nov. 30 rose 5.6 percent from a year ago on increased sales from supermarkets, drug stores and discount outlets.