News: Softbank Corp (9984.T)
Mon, Nov 17 2014
MUMBAI - The head of Future Group, one of India's largest and most established retailers, admits he can't keep up with web sites like Snapdeal and Flipkart when it comes to spending money to entice shoppers to buy online.
MUMBAI, Nov 18 - The head of Future Group, one of India's largest and most established retailers, admits he can't keep up with web sites like Snapdeal and Flipkart when it comes to spending money to entice shoppers to buy online.
- Negotiations between Hasbro Inc and DreamWorks Animation SKG Inc have been hampered by issues regarding the structure of the combined company, according to a person familiar with the matter.
Nov 14 - Negotiations between Hasbro Inc and DreamWorks Animation SKG Inc have been hampered by issues regarding the structure of the combined company, according to a person familiar with the matter.
* Nikkei steps back from strong gains in last two days * Softbank down after profit forecast cut by $1 billion * Weak yen helps exporters By Thomas Wilson TOKYO, Nov 5 - Japanese stocks stepped back on Wednesday morning as heavyweight Softbank tumbled after slashing its profit forecast, while the broader market took a breather after outsized gains inspired by a fresh stimulus drive by the Bank of Japan. The Nikkei benchmark soared 7.5 percent in the last two tradin
TOKYO - Fast-growing Japanese telecom firm SoftBank Corp sliced the best part of $1 billion off its annual profit forecast as the Sprint Corp U.S. carrier it bought last year continues to lose customers in droves, with no quick fix in sight.
* Weak yen, rising borrowing costs could hamper growth (Adds comment from CEO, analyst, industry context)
* Says will not rule out further acquisitions of content firms, but not a focus Further company coverage:
TOKYO, Nov 4 - SoftBank Corp, the Japanese mobile carrier with ambitious plans to grow overseas, slashed its full-year profit forecast on bleak prospects for its U.S. Sprint Corp business as it reported a 23 percent drop in second-quarter operating profit.
(Adds company forecast) Nov 4 - Softbank Corp CONSOLIDATED FINANCIAL HIGHLIGHTS (in billions of yen unless specified) 6 months ended 6 months ended Year to Sep 30, 2014 Sep 30, 2013 Mar 31, 2015 LATEST YEAR-AGO COMPANY RESULTS RESULT FORECAST Sales 4.10 trln 2.60 trln 8.0
- SoftBank Group to Invest $627 Million in Snapdeal, India’s Largest Online Marketplace<9984.T>
- SoftBank Internet and Media to Lead Investment of $210 Million in India’s Ola Cabs<9984.T>
- OTC Markets Group Announces Third Quarter 2014 Performance of OTCM ADR Index and OTCQX30 Index, powered by BNY Mellon Indices(SM)
- Leading Indonesian Online Marketplace Tokopedia Secures $100 Million Investment from SoftBank Internet and Media and Sequoia Capital<9984.T>
- SoftBank Names Rajeev Misra Head of Strategic Finance<9984.T>
- SoftBank And Legendary To Form Strategic Partnership<9984.T>
- SoftBank Mobile and Aldebaran Unveil "Pepper" - the World's First Personal Robot That Reads Emotions<9984.T>
- Video Replay of SoftBank CEO Masayoshi Son's Washington, D.C. Presentation on "The Promise of Mobile Internet in Driving American Innovation, the Economy and Education" Available on SoftBank Website<9984.T>
- SoftBank Inc. Appoints Bruce Gottlieb Executive Vice President, Legal and Regulatory Affairs<9984.T>
- Softbank Corp - Acquisition of Shares