News: Alcoa Inc (AA)
11 Jul 2014
TORONTO - Barrick Gold said on Sunday it is forming a joint venture with Saudi Arabian Mining Co (Ma'aden) to run its Jabal Sayid copper asset in the kingdom, a move that could see the long-delayed mine finally begin production in late 2015.
TORONTO, July 13 - Barrick Gold said on Sunday it is forming a joint venture with Saudi Arabian Mining Co (Ma'aden) to run its Jabal Sayid copper asset in the kingdom, a move that could see the long-delayed mine finally begin production in late 2015.
NEW YORK - Stocks managed to score modest gains on Friday, but the S&P 500 posted its biggest weekly drop since April as investors showed only mild enthusiasm after getting their first glimpses of earnings.
* Futures up: Dow 11 pts, S&P 1.5 pts, Nasdaq 9 pts (Updates prices, adds Wells Fargo earnings)
NEW YORK, July 11 - U.S. stock index futures were modestly higher on Friday, indicating a rebound from recent losses, though major indexes remained on track for their biggest weekly decline since April.
* Alcoa earnings top expectations; shares at highest since July 2011
* Dow up 0.4 pct, S&P 500 up 0.4 pct; Nasdaq up 0.6 pct (Updates with Fed minutes)
* Airlines' shares rally after American's revenue comment
* Alcoa's beat boosts Wall Street stocks * Euro edges up versus greenback (Updates prices, changes comments, byline, dateline, previous LONDON) By Rodrigo Campos NEW YORK, July 9 - A global stocks index was little changed on Wednesday as strong U.S. earnings offset weaker European industrial data ahead of key central bank news. Markets were looking ahead to a speech by European Central Bank President Mario Draghi and minutes from the most recent Federal Reserve meetin
* Indexes up: Dow 0.1 pct, S&P 0.2 pct, Nasdaq 0.3 pct (Updates to open)
- More Positive-to-Negative Action; Who's Got the Funk?: Jim Cramer's Best Blogs
- Alcoa - Accelerated Portfolio Transformation Through Acquisition
- Stock Selloff Continues but Some See Opportunities in the Market
- Upgrades For Tractor Supply, Alcoa & Lumber Liquidators Downgraded
- Will This Analyst Upgrade Help Alcoa (AA) Stock On Thursday?
- Analysts' Actions: Alcoa, Allscripts, Autodesk, Lumber Liquidators
- REG-Alcoa Inc Alcoa Reports Strong Second Quarter 2014 Profits Driven By Continued Portfolio Transformation
- Alcoa Reports Strong Second Quarter 2014 Profits Driven By Continued Portfolio Transformation
- Spin-Off Completions, Recognitions, Conference Call Schedules, and Sale of Joint Venture - Analyst Notes on Chesapeake, Baker Hughes, Alcoa, HollyFrontier and Ashland
- Alcoa to Host Webcast of Second Quarter 2014 Results
- Alcoa’s Transformation Accelerates, Will Acquire Firth Rixson to Grow Global Aerospace Portfolio
- Leaderships Appointments, Notes, Expansions, and Supply Agreements - Analyst Notes on Suncor, Chesapeake, Alcoa, Hess and BP
- Alcoa Boosting Aerospace Capabilities in Virginia to Meet Demand for Next-Gen Aircraft Engine Parts
- Expansions, Operation Updates, Drilling Reports, Indefinite Halt in Operations, and Spin-Off Completions - Analyst Notes on Alcoa, Newmont Mining, U.S. Steel, Patterson-UTI and Oil States
- Technical Pulse on Active Equities -- Research on Verizon Communications, Micron Technology, Alcoa, and J. C. Penney
- Alcoa Expands in Indiana to Capture Growing Aerospace Demand for Advanced Jet Engine Parts