News: Aaron's Inc (AAN)
23 Jul 2014
- Aaron's Inc , a rent-to-own furniture and electronics retailer, rejected a $2.3 billion takeover offer from a major shareholder and instead bought a web-based retail credit financing firm for about $700 million to provide customers with easier payment terms.
* Shares fall as much as 8 pct (Adds background, CEO and analyst comment, first-quarter earnings estimate; updates share price)
CORRECTED-UPDATE 1-Aaron's rejects shareholder buyout offer, acquires retail credit firm for $700 mln
(Corrects paragraph 7 to say Aaron's revenue, not earnings, outlook was cut to $587.5 million)
(Corrects first paragraph to say "Aaron's said it bought Progressive Finance Holdings", not "will buy")
- Aaron's Inc shareholder Vintage Capital Management said it offered to acquire the electronics and furniture rental chain in a deal valued at about $2.3 billion, its fourth attempt to buy the company in three years.
Feb 7 - Aaron's Inc shareholder Vintage Capital Management said it offered to acquire the electronics and furniture rental chain in a deal valued at about $2.3 billion, its fourth attempt to buy the company in three years.
Feb 7 - Vintage Capital Management, the largest shareholder of Aaron's Inc, said it offered to acquire the company in a deal valued at about $2.3 billion, in its fourth attempt to buy the consumer electronics and furniture rental chain since 2011.
- Aaron's, Inc. Revises 2014 Second Quarter Revenue and Earnings Guidance
- Rental Program Launches, Conference Schedules, Technical Updates, and Quality Awards - Analyst Notes on Hertz, Air Lease, AerCap, Ryder and Aaron's
- Technical Briefing on Specialty Retail Equities -- Research on Aaron's, Guess?, bebe stores, and GNC Holdings
- The American Dream--Redefined, but Still Viable for Many
- Acquisitions, FDA Approvals, Appointments, Language Support Programme, and Event Participations - Analyst Notes on Euronet, Qiagen, Aaron's, Barnes & Noble and HSN
- Aaron's, Inc. Names Sharon Lawrence VP Of Finance, Kirby Salgado Joins Aaron's As VP Of Merchandising
- Consumer Discretionary Equities under Review -- Research on Harman Intl. Industries, SodaStream Intl., Aaron's, and Tractor Supply
- Financial Results, Acquisitions, Agreements, Appointments, and Fleet Ownership Milestones - Analyst Notes on Avis Budget Group, AerCap, Aaron's, Ryder and Air Lease
- Aaron's and The Wendy Williams Show Announce "Win a Room in June" Contest
- Aaron's, Inc. Reaches Agreement With Vintage Capital Management